Oaxacan Mole 3-Course Dinner Kit for 4
This kit is an at-home tour of Oaxaca! It starts with green almond soup (garnished with roasted chayote squash & potato) and continues with grilled heritage-breed chicken breast topped with their famous mole negro. Black beans and chile-laced green beans complement the chicken, and for dessert, chocolate pecan pie bars! Also included are handmade tortillas made with organic heirloom corn from Oaxaca, Mexico.
Back in 1987, Chef Rick Bayless and his wife, Deann Groen Bayless, had just returned to Chicago from an extended stay in Mexico, where they had been researching their first book. They decided to open a restaurant that tasted and felt like their travels, so they hung colorful Mexican folk art on the walls, turned up the Mariachi music, and packed the menu with the foods that reminded them of their travels through Mexico. Frontera Grill was born, and it was an immediate sensation. Since then, Bayless has been nominated for a whopping 16 James Beard Awards and won seven, and Frontera Grill took the top prize, Outstanding Restaurant, in 2007. Frontera Grill remains one of the best and most legendary and influential Mexican restaurants in the country.
This package serves 4 people and includes:
- 4 Chicken Breasts (6 oz. each)
- Oaxacan Black Mole (12 oz.)
- Black Beans (24 oz.)
- Salsa Matcha Green Beans (8 oz.)
- 1 Packet Sesame Seeds (4 teaspoons)
- 16 Homemade Tortillas (4.5" each)
- Green Almond Soup (32 oz.)
- Roasted Chayote Squash & Potato Soup Garnish (16 oz)
- 4 Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars (3 oz. each)
Chicken – Roasted Garlic, Spices, Apple Cider Vinegar
Mole – Chiles, Tree-nuts, Peanuts, Sesame Seeds, Onion, Garlic, Tomato, Tomatillo, Raisin, Apricot, Plantain, Spices, Herbs, Chocolate, Raw Sugar
Black Beans – Pork Lard, Onions
Green Beans – Roasted Garlic, Sesame Seeds, Peanuts, Chiles, Olive Oil
Tortillas – Corn, Water, White Lime
Green Almond Soup – Almond, Cream, Parsley, Cilantro, Tomatillo, Onion, Garlic
Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars – Pecans, Chocolate, Butter, Sugar, Flour, Eggs
Instructions / Storage
- Package ships with ice packs, may thaw during transit
- Upon arrival, immediately refrigerate contents
- Do not freeze
- Consume within 3 days of receiving package
- Cut off a corner of the bag and pour the soup into a microwave-safe container.
- Open the bag of Roasted Chayote Squash & Potato soup garnish and stir into the soup.
- Cover with plastic wrap (poke a few holes) or a microwave cover and heat in the microwave at 100% power for 2 to 3 minutes, until piping hot. (best to stir the soup halfway through heating).
- Remove the chicken from the package.
- Lay in a single layer in a baking dish and bake at 325 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, until hot.
- Open the package and transfer to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap (poke a few holes) or a microwave cover and heat in the microwave at 100% power until piping hot—1 to 1 ½ minutes on most microwaves (best to stir beans halfway through heating).
- If beans are thicker than you like, stir in a little water.
- Cut off a corner of the bag and pour the soup into a microwave-safe container
- Cover with plastic wrap (poke a few holes) or a microwave cover and heat in microwave at 100% power for 1 to 2 minutes, until piping hot.
- Open bag and transfer to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap (poke a couple of holes) or a microwave lid and microwave at 100% power for 1 ½ to 2 minutes, until steaming.
- Remove from package.
- Wet a paper towel and ring it out.
- Wrap paper towel around tortillas and slide into a plastic bag (don’t seal).
- Heat in microwave at 100% power for 30 seconds or until steamy-hot.
- Remove the paper towel and wrap tortillas in a napkin to keep them warm.
- Transfer a piece of hot chicken to each dinner plate, pour mole over the chicken and sprinkle it with sesame seeds.
- Spoon on the black beans and green beans and you’re ready to serve, accompanied by the warm tortillas.
- Frontera Grill ships Wednesday and Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.