Featured in Martha Stewart LIVING and on Oprah Winfrey’s favorite holiday gifts list, the Warren pear is in a class of its own. It has a classic European texture — soft and juicy with a melting mouthful. The Warren pear is sweet to taste and avoids the typical grittiness found in most other pear varieties. Warrens are harvested in late August and are available until late December or early January.
This is Frog Hollow Farm’s signature pear and for good reason. It has a great origin story: this pear was discovered by Thomas Oscar Warren growing naturally outside a post office in Hattiesburg, MS. Once known as the Post Office pear, it’s taken on its founder name and is a favorite of chefs. Too difficult to grow for most farmers to consider it’s never caught on commercially but Farmer Al has never shied away from putting the time and effort into a fruit that tastes so good.
- Each package includes 12-14 Organic Warren Pears
- Approximately 5 lbs. per box
- Pear weights may vary
- Each order arrives in a beautiful Eco- Friendly Frog Hollow Farm branded box
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Frog Hollow Farms ships Monday-Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.