Nectarines are not a hybrid fruit, they are peaches that lack the gene for fuzz! Every so often a nectarine can be spotted growing naturally on one of our peach trees. Though they’re peaches in disguise, nectarines are regarded commercially as different fruits and the lack of fuzz can make for a very different eating experience. As with peaches, nectarines can be white or yellow, clingstone or freestone. On average, they’re slightly smaller and sweeter than their cousins and their lack of fuzz can make their skins appear more reddish.
The nectarine’s deeper, sometimes almost purple coloration contributed to a mistaken belief that they are hybrids of peaches and plums. Frog Hollow grows seven yellow-fleshed varieties and two white-fleshed varieties. When you place an order for organic yellow nectarines, Frog Hollow will fulfill it with a box of the first variety that will be available to ship next.
Each package includes 5 lbs of Organic Nectarines
- There are approximately 12 nectarines per box
- Available for a Limited Time Only!
- Each order arrives in a beautiful Frog Hollow Farm branded box
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Frog Hollow Farms ships Monday-Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.