Asian pears or Nashi are also known as Apple Pears. They have a refreshing crunch reminiscent of an apple, but are genetically true pears. They’re very juicy and Frog Hollow Farm ’s to Table Cafe in the San Francisco Ferry Building regularly offers Asian Pear juice on its Fall and Winter menu.
The Hosui is popular in both Japan and in California. Hosuis have a rougher, thicker skin than the other Asian pear varieties we grow. They have a flesh that while still crunchy has a more melting mouthful, making the texture combination when eaten out of hand spectacular. Very sweet with a mild pear taste, their round shape and beautiful golden hue make them ideal for presentation with a distinctively Autumnal feel. Hosui is harvested in late August to mid-September and are available often until late October or early November.
- Each package includes 5 lbs. of Organic Hosui Asian Pears
- There are approximately 12 Pears per box
- Available for a Limited Time Only!
- Each order arrives in a beautiful Frog Hollow Farm branded box
Unfortunately due to Arizona agriculture laws, Frog Hollow is unable to ship strawberries to this state. Any orders shipping to Arizona will be cancelled and refunded.
- Frog Hollow Farms ships Monday-Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Unfortunately due to Arizona agriculture laws, Frog Hollow is unable to ship strawberries to this state. Any orders shipping to Arizona will be cancelled and refunded.
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.