Treat yourself or a loved one to this scrumptious breakfast in bed. Our sweet cream scones with fresh butter and a dollop of our organic fruit spread can’t be beaten, but add a cup of piping hot organic coffee from Alta Organic Coffee & Tea Company and a few slices of beautiful seasonal organic mixed fruit and you will be sure to make your special someone feel more than special. Our sweet scuffins will go perfectly with the rest of your farm fresh breakfast.
Farmer Al Courchesne has been growing organic farm-to-table fruit and making baked goods at the 280-acre Frog Hollow Farm in Brentwood, California, since 1976. Enjoy the fruits of his labor with creative baked goods like cherry speckled cookies, rustic blueberry tarts, and the Scuffin, a mashup of a scone and a muffin. From June through September, Frog Hollow Farm’s harvest is abundant with apricots, cherries, peaches, plums, nectarines, and pears. Fall and winter selections may include heirloom apples, pears, a wide variety of citrus, creamy avocados, and even passion fruit and cherimoyas.
This Breakfast in Bed Gift Set includes:
- 3 lbs. Organic Mixed Fruit
- 3 Nectarine Scuffins – Ready to Bake
- 3 Cream Scones – Ready to Bake
- 4 oz. Frog Hollow Blend Coffee
- 12 oz. Granola
- Your choice of condiment
Condiment Options Include
- 8 oz. Organic Plum-Blueberry Conserve
- 8 oz. Raw, Unfiltered Honey
Aprioct Scuffin – Organic Butter, Organic Eggs, Wheat Germ, Organic Flax Meal, Organic Apricot Conserve, Organic Sugar, Cream, Baking Powder, Sea Salt.
Peach Scuffin – Organic Flour, Whole Wheat Flour, Organic Flax Seed Meal, Organic Butter, Organic Peach Conserve, Organic Eggs, Organic Whole Milk, Cream, Organic Brown Sugar, Baking Powder, Sea Salt, Organic Spices.
Nectarine Scuffin – Organic All-purpose Flour, Whole Wheat Flour, Wheat Germ, Organic Flax Meal, Organic Sugar, Baking Powder, Sea Salt, Organic Butter, Eggs, Organic Whipping Cream, Organic Nectarine Conserve.
Scones – Organic Flour, Organic Butter, Organic Sugar, Sour Cream, Cream, Organic Eggs.
Coffee – It’s A Medium-dark Roast With Mild Hints Of Dark Sugar, Roasted Nut And Cocoa, And Clean Fruit Notes.
Granola – Organic Almonds, Organic Oats, Organic Sesame Seeds, Wheat Germ, Non-fat Dry Milk, Whole Wheat Flour, Organic Sunflower Seeds, Salt, Organic Raisins, Canola Oil, Honey
Instructions / Storage
- Perishable items ship frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Keep pastries frozen until baking
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Place scuffins individually into a greased muffin tray.
- Brush the tops with cream, milk, or egg-wash.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow at least 15 minutes to cool before plating. Filings may leak during baking.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. For convection ovens, lower the given temperature by 25°. If your pastries brown too quickly, cover them with a loose sheet of foil.
- Use the parchment sheets included in the package to line your baking tray.
- For a golden brown crust, brush the dough with cream, milk, or an egg-wash.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Scones are best when served warm.
- Frog Hollow Farms ships Monday-Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 charge for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.