This collection of vegan confections was created in honor of Jael and Dan Rattigan’s son, who they affectionately called Buddha for his first year of life. He had so many food sensitivities in his early years: soy, sesame, and dairy, to name a few. Hence, the ingredients in these chocolates are all free of soy, gluten, nuts, and dairy (but please note they are created in a facility that handles all of the above). The creative flavor pairings in this assortment are beloved by vegans and omnivores alike. Enjoy in good health!
All of confections are handmade with Chocolate produced in their bean-to-bar factory in Asheville NC.
This package includes your choice between a 12 or 24 pc Buddha Collection
- Each confection measures approximately 1"
- Arrives in a beautiful branded box, perfect for a gift
- Buddha – the original vegan truffle made with bittersweet chocolate and coconut cream
- Peppermint – dark chocolate and coconut oil bonbon infused with organic peppermint oil and enrobed in dark chocolate
- Strawberry Balsamic – purée of local strawberries and organic balsamic vinegar in a dark chocolate and coconut cream ganache. Sprinkled with cacao nibs.
- Grapefruit + Olive Oil + Fennel – fennel-infused Greek olive oil and essential oil of grapefruit in dark chocolate, topped with candied grapefruit
- Almond Praline – a layer of creamy, housemade almond paste, topped with crunchy almond praline and enrobed in dark chocolate
- Chocolate Caramel – a rich, creamy chocolate caramel made with coconut milk, in a dark chocolate shell
Buddha Truffle – Ingredients: Coconut Milk*, 68% Nicaragua Chocolate (cacao, sugar*), 100% Chocolate (cacao), Agave Syrup*, Unrefined Coconut Oil* Coated in Dark Couverture (cacao, sugar*, cacao butter*) & dusted with Cocoa Powder
Peppermint Truffle – Ingredients: Refined Coconut Oil, 65% Amazonas Chocolate (cacao*, sugar*), Mint Oil
Strawberry Balsamic Truffle – Ingredients: 65% Amazonas Chocolate (cacao*, sugar*), Coconut Cream*, Refined Coconut Oil*, Strawberry puree (strawberries, sugar*, lemon juice*), Balsamic Vinegar*. Coated in Dark Couverture (cacao, sugar*, cacao butter*) & garnished in Nicaragua Nibs
Grapefruit, Olive Oil, Fennel Truffle – Ingredients: Grapefruit Oil, Fennel, Olive Oil, 68% Nicaragua (cacao*, sugar*), Salt
Almond Praline – Ingredients: Almonds, Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Dark Couverture (cacao, sugar*, cacao butter*)
Chocolate Caramel – Ingredients: Sugar*, Coconut Milk*, Dark Couverture (cacao, sugar*, cacao butter*), 100% Chocolate (cacao), Refined Coconut Oil*, Glucose (Sugar*, Water, Citric Acid*), Celtic Sea Salt, Vanilla Beans*. Molded Dark Couverture (cacao, sugar*, cacao butter*).
Allergens: Made in a facility that handles tree nuts, wheat, milk, eggs, peanuts, and soy
Instructions / Storage
Free of preservatives and stabilizers, French Broad chocolates are best enjoyed soon after receiving them. Store in a cool, dry environment (optimally 50-70°F and less than 60% humidity). If you must refrigerate them, we urge you to allow the chocolates to return to cool room temperature before eating; the difference in texture and flavor complexity is well worth the wait.Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- French Broad Chocolates ship Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.