Now THIS is what a pasta dinner is supposed to look like! This kit comes with bucatini (a thick spaghetti-like pasta with a hole running through the center), creste de gallo (which resembles a rooster’s crest), rich wild boar bolognese, and spicy, prosciutto-kicked amatriciana. Round out your meal by adding on harissa-marinated olives, Parmigiano-Reggiano, or Taleggio-stuffed focaccia!
Karen Akunowicz is one of Boston’s top chefs, in more ways than one: not only was she a fan favorite on Bravo’s “Top Chef” and “Top Chef All-Stars,” she also received the 2018 James Beard Award for Best Chef: Northeast for her work at Myers + Chang. In 2019 she opened a 75-seat enoteca called Fox & The Knife, which was named an “instant classic” by Food & Wine and was a finalist for “Best New Restaurant” at the 2020 James Beard Awards.
Kosher salt not included
This package serves 4 people and includes:
- 1 lb. Bucatini
- 1 lb. Creste di Gallo
- 1 pt. Wild Boar Bolognese
- 1 pt. Amatriciana
- Choose to add more!
The Chef Recommends:
- Amatriciana + Bucatini – One of the most famous roman sauces, started with melted onions and garlic and lots of prosciutto, this tomato based sauce is spicy and smokey. Its a staff and customer favorite and the perfect pair for our bucatini.
- Wild Boar Bolognese + Creste di Gallo – I spent a year living and working in Modena, Italy in the Emilia-Romagna region. I was a hop, skip and a jump (ok, really just a hop) from Bologna, the birthplace of bolognese. Sundays were my day off and I often spent them staging at different restaurants in the region, or traveling to Florence to sit on things and eat gelato. I staged at a restaurant in Bologna, where I learned how to make their bolognese, and this is the foundation of my dish here. My recipe is adapted to living in Boston and not Italy, and like many of my recipes, sneaks in an ingredient or two from my travels or proclivities.
- Harissa Marinated Olives (8 oz.)
- Parmigiano-Reggiano (8 oz.)
- Taleggio Stuffed Focaccia Bread, 8″ × 4″(each 9.5 oz.)
Bucatini – Flour, Semolina, Salt, Water
Creste di Gallo – Flour, Semolina, Salt, Water
Amatriciana – Olive Oil, Garlic, Onions, Sweet Pimenton, Prosciutto, Kosher Salt, Black Pepper, Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, San Marzano Tomatoes, Oregano
Wild Boar Bolognese – Olive Oil, Garlic, Kosher Salt, Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, Black Pepper, Thyme, Rosemary, Carrots, Onion, Celery, Proscuitto, Wild Boar, Pork, Veal, Whey, White Wine, Veal Stock, Bay Leaf, Chicken Livers
Harissa Marinated Olives – Mixed olives, Brine, Harissa, Orange Zest, Lemon Zest, Thyme
Taleggio Stuffed Foccacia Bread – Bread Flour, All-purpose Flour, Yeast, Salt, Sugar, Water, Olive oil, Rosemary, Taleggio, Mozzarella
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Pasta must be cooked prior to consumption
- Upon arrival, remove pasta from packaging and place immediately in the fridge
- Pasta and sauce can be kept on the countertop for up to 2 hours, in the fridge up to 5 days, or frozen up to 2 weeks.
- Pasta sauce may be heated from frozen
- Bring a gallon of water to boil with a ¼ cup of kosher salt
- Pour sauce into a large frying pan or heavy bottom sauce pot and heat on medium until happy bubbles form on top
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook for 2 minutes
- Drain pasta into a colander, reserving some of the water, or lift out pasta with a slotted spoon
- Put pasta into the sauce and add ¼ cup pasta water and a teaspoon of unsalted butter and toss until pasta is perfectly coated
- Garnish with Parmigiano Reggiano, if desired.
- Enjoy. Stay Foxy
If cooking from frozen
- The sauce should be thawed on countertop for 1-2 hours prior to cooking so it can easily be poured from container.
- The pastas should be thawed on countertop for 1-2 hours prior to being cooked.
Taleggio Stuffed Foccacia Bread -
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees
- Take the top off of of the focaccia and place both halves on a cookie sheet tray.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and gooey.
- Place top back on, and slice into 2-4 wedges.
- Garnish with olive oil and sea salt if desired
- Fox & the Knife ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.