Located in LA, Fork-in Aussie Pies is the brainchild between an Aussie expat and chef Joe Youkhan, a Food Network “Chopped” Champion. They brings a totally re-invented, yet inspired by traditional Aussie pies gourmet range to the U.S. Their signature pies takes three days to make—day one involves marinating meats, mixing with hand-chopped mirepoix — carrots, celery, and onion — and adding flavors and herbs to season these savory pies. On day two, they slow cook the filling and let it rest; on day three, they blind bake the pie shell, add the filling, and a buttery croissant top!
This package features 4 personal pies, 2 sides, and a gravy
This Package serves 4 people and includes your choice of:
- 4 Aussie Pies approximately, 5" in diameter
- 2 Sides, 16 oz. each
- 1 Gravy, 8 oz.
- Pies are labeled with an edible rice paper stamp with edible ink
- Food arrives sealed in an insulated cryovac plastic bag within a branded box. Choose to add a branded foil lined bag (11×11×5)
Pie Options Include
- Chicken Tarragon Aussie Pie – The secret ingredient in the Chicken pot pie is Chicken! Not a soupy vegetable pie but lots of chicken thighs marinated in white wine with carrots, onions, celery and other herbs
- Classic Ground Aussie Beef Pie – Ground beef marinated with Australian Shiraz Red Wine, carrots, onions, celery, and other herbs
- Lamb & Rosemary Aussie Pie – Lamb marinated with Australian Shiraz Red Wine, carrots, onions, celery, rosemary and other herbs
- Steak & Shiraz Aussie Pie – Sirloin marinated with Australian Shiraz Red Wine, carrots, onions, celery, garlic, and other herbs
- Thai Curry Chicken AKA Surfer’s Paradise Aussie Pie – Green curry chicken with coconut milk and yams
- Vegan Madras Veggie Curry Aussie Pie – An Indian pie that tastes like a samosa. Chickpeas with cauliflower, madras curry, coconut milk and habanero peppers
Side Options Include
- Minty Mushy Peas Vegan & Gluten-Free – one of the most popular sides – even with people who usually don’t even like peas!
- Sausage Croissant Stuffing – A decadent stuffing side featuring croissant, pork sausage, kale pecans, white wine, garlic and onion
- CaribBEAN Quinoa – Bean and Veggie medley with quinoa and a smokey Caribbean tomato sauce
- Roasted Garnett Yams Vegan & Gluten-Free – Incredibly tasty, and creamy – but with NO cream – whipped garnett yams.
Gravy Options Include
- Creamy Thyme Gravy – Our Gluten-Free original gravy is a perfect addition to any pie – contains chicken stock and cream
- Mushroom Gravy – This vegetarian Gluten-Free mushroom gravy contains mushroom chunks and cream
- Tomato Coconut Puree Vegan Gluten-Free – This puree is a great addition to any pie. Can be used warm or cold.
Contains Wheat & Soy
Non Vegan Pies Contain Dairy
Chicken Tarragon: Chicken Thighs, Kosher salt, Black Pepper,, Gluten Free Flour, Worcestershire Sauce, Fresh Lemon Juice, Chicken Stock, White Wine (Chardonnay), Unsalted Butter,, Oil blend,, Diced Yellow Onion, Diced Carrots, Diced Celery, Minced Garlic, Heavy Cream, Bay leaves, Thyme, Minced Parsley, Minced Tarragon
Classic Ground Aussie Beef: Ground Beef Kosher salt, Black Pepper, Gluten Free Flour, Worcestershire Sauce, Soy Sauce, Sherry Vinegar, Chicken Stock, Unsalted Butter,Oil blend, Diced Yellow Onion, Diced Carrots, Diced Celery, Minced Garlic, Tomato Paste, Red wine, Bay leaves, Thyme, Minced Parsley
Lamb & Rosemary: Ground Lamb, Kosher salt, Black Pepper, Flour, Worstershire sauce, Soy Sauce, Sherry Vinegar, Chicken Stock, Unsalted Butter, Oil blend, Dice Onion, Dice Carrots, Dice Celery, Minced Garlic, Tomato Paste, Dijon Mustard, Red wine, Bay leaves, Thyme, Minced Parsley, Minced Rosemary
Madras Veggie Curry: Coconut Milk, Madras Curry, kosher salt, Minced Habaneros, Bay leaves, Ginger powder, Dice Red Onion, Dice Carrots, Dice Celery, Minced Garlic, Dice Yams, Dice Potatoes, Dice Cauliflower, Garbanzo Beans, Oil Blend, Kosher Salt, Chardonnay, Minced Scallions, Minced Cilantro, Green Tabasco
Steak & Shiraz: Beef Sirloin, Kosher salt, ,Black Pepper, Flour, Worstershire Sauce, Soy Sauce, Sherry Vinegar, Chicken Stock, Unsalted Butter, Oil blend,, Dice Y, Onion,, Dice Carrots,, Dice Celery,, Minced Garlic,Tomato Paste, Red wine,, Bay leave, Thyme, Minced Parsley
Thai Curry Chicken AKA Surfer’s Paradise: Coconut Milk, Green Curry, kosher salt, Dice Chicken thighs, Dice Red, Onion, Dice Yams, Oil Blend, Kosher Salt, Lime juice n zest, Sweet chili sauce, Fish Sauce scallion, Cilantro, minces
Mushy Peas – Vegan, GF. Peas, shallots, butter, veggie stock , oil, salt and pepper
Sausage Croissant Stuffing – CONTAINS PORK – croissant, pork sausage, kale pecans, white wine, garlic and onion.
CaribBEAN Quinoa – GF, DF, VEGAN, squash, zucchini, cauliflower florets, chipotle, crushed tomato, quinoa, black and white beans, chipotle, tabasco, and a sofrito.
Roasted Garnett Yams – GF, DF, VEGAN, Yams, coconut oil, nutmeg, brown sugar, salt
Creamy Thyme Gravy – GF : GF flour, chicken stock, thyme, black pepper, butter, half n half.
Mushroom Gravy – VEGETARIAN, GF : crimini mushrooms, sherry vinaigrette, shallots, butter, half n half, gf soy sauce, garlic.
Tomato Coconut Puree – VEGAN, GF, DF : “Creamy” coconut tomato Puree basil, crushed tomatoes, coconut mil, white pepper, garlic, thyme
Instructions / Storage
- Pies are baked fresh, frozen and shipped in insulated bags with gel packs
- To serve, remove packaging and cover with foil. Heat in a 325F preheated oven for 40-50 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165F (Pies do not need to be thawed before reheating)
- Thai Curry Chicken can be served cold
- Pies can be stored in the refrigerator for 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months
- Sides & Gravies, should be frozen upon receipt and keep frozen until use
- To Serve Gravy: Remove from packaging, and warm in microwave or stovetop till heated through – stir as needed.
- All sides except stuffing: Remove lid and label . Reheat in provided plastic tub in microwave till desired temp (stir midway)
- Stuffing: Spread stuffing on baking sheet in oven at 325 degrees for 10-15 mins for best results
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Fork-In Aussie Pies ships Monday and Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.