Aussie Pie No Hangover - 4 Pack
In 1870 in Adelaide, South Australia, a drunk guy went into a café and ordered a meat pie and a bowl of pea soup. The pie was so hot and he was so drunk that he dripped the pie into the bowl of soup. The drunk café guest added a dash of vinegar and a ton of tomato sauce (ketchup) to his green concoction. Surprisingly, when our pie-oneer awoke the next day – he felt great – despite the copious amounts of alcohol he had consumed the night before.
He realized his floating pie in the pie soup with sauce and vinegar was his savior. The hangover was cured. The Pie Floater was born.
Located in LA, Fork-in Aussie Pies is the brainchild between an Aussie expat and chef Joe Youkhan, a Food Network “Chopped” Champion. They bring a totally re-invented, yet inspired by traditional Aussie pies gourmet range to the U.S.
This package serves 4 people includes:
- 4 Classic Aussie Ground Beef Pies, (5″ × 2″ each)
- 32 oz. Pea Soup
Contains Wheat, Soy, & Dairy
Classic Ground Aussie Beef: Ground Beef Kosher salt, Black Pepper, Gluten Free Flour, Worcestershire Sauce, Soy Sauce, Sherry Vinegar, Chicken Stock, Unsalted Butter,Oil blend, Diced Yellow Onion, Diced Carrots, Diced Celery, Minced Garlic, Tomato Paste, Red wine, Bay leaves, Thyme, Minced Parsley
Instructions / Storage
- Pies are baked fresh, frozen and shipped in insulated bags with gel packs
- Pies can be stored in the refrigerator for 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months
- To serve, remove the packaging and cover with foil. Heat in a 325F preheated oven for 40-50 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165F (Pies do not need to be thawed before reheating)
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Fork-In Aussie Pies ships Monday and Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.