The closely-guarded recipe for Firecakes’ old fashioned donuts can trace its roots back to founder Karen Fox’s grandfather, Billy Hobbs, who fried up fresh doughnuts every morning for workers in northern Wisconsin logging camps back in the 1930s. His “firecakes” were fried in a large cast-iron pot over an open fire. Nowadays, Firecakes has three Chicago locations and a roaming truck, and they’re making all their donuts by hand, fresh throughout the day, using only old-world methods. Billy would be proud.
This package serves 12 people and includes 12 Sicilian Pistachio Old Fashioned Donuts
- Each old-fashioned donut measures 4"
Sicilian Pistachio Old Fashioned Donuts: Water, Nutmeg, Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Enriched With Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Sugar, Soybean Oil, Leavening, Buttermilk, Soy Flour, Wheat Starch, Dextrose, Salt, Mono And Diglycerides, Cellulose Gum, Beta Carotene (Color), Egg Whites. Pistachio Glaze: Water, Corn Syrup, Lemon Extract, Glaze (Sugar, Maltodextrin), Food Color, Pistachio Paste (Almonds, Sugar, Dextrose, Cashew Nuts, Pistachios, Sunflower Oil, Corn Starch, Soy Lecithin, Turmeric Oleoresin Color, Sodium Copper Chlorophyllin Color. May Contain Milk, Egg, Peanut And Other Tree Nuts) Toasted Pistachios – Pistachios, Egg White, Sugar, Salt.
Instructions / Storage
- Firecakes Donuts arrive ready to enjoy
- Items are best kept at room temperature and consumed within 24 hours
- It is not recommended to heat, refrigerate or freeze.
- Firecakes Donuts ships Tuesday-Friday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.