Essen Bakery ships its delicious Jewish Apple Cake nationwide on Goldbelly! Essen’s take on traditional Jewish Apple Cake is amazingly dense and moist, with cinnamon-sugar coated apples packed into every bit. It’s the perfect fall dessert for any occasion.
After years of working in some of the U.S. most iconic restaurants, Chef Tova du Plessis decided to go back to her roots when she opened her Jewish bakery in Philadelphia in 2016. Reflecting her Jewish heritage and heavily influenced by her technical training, Essen Bakery bakes challah, babka, bagels, and more from scratch daily. Essen Bakery is a cozy neighborhood bakery with a big reputation. du Plessis has received 4 consecutive James Beard Award nominations and a Starchefs Rising Star award in 2019.
This package serves 16 people and includes 2 Apple Cakes.
- Each Apple Cake is approximately 8" in diameter, 3" tall, and weighs 2.5 lbs.
- Apple cakes serve 8 people each
Eggs, Flour, Apple, Canola Oil, Sugar, Salt, Vanilla, Orange Juice, Cinnamon. Made in a Facility That Uses Nuts and Dairy.
Instructions / Storage
- Upon arrival, enjoy Apple Cake immediately or store in fridge.
- Apple Cake can be stored in the fridge for 5 days or in the freezer for 1 month.
- To serve, bring Apple Cake to room temperature or gently warm in 350 degree oven for 5 min, allow to sit for 15 min, and serve.
- Essen Bakery ships Monday – Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.