Saikyo Miso Black Cod + Japanese Fried Chicken Dinner Kit for 4
This is a combo pack of Japanese-style fried chicken and miso-marinated grilled black cod! Enjoy with a side of dashi rice and obanzai, which are small seasonal dishes from Kyoto that include Satsumaimo Kanroni (Japanese sweet potatoes simmered in a sweet broth with a hint of soy sauce), Pirikara Zenmai (Asian royal fern tossed with a savory, spicy soy sauce), and Kinoko (Shiitake, maitake, shimeji, and enoki mushrooms marinated in a seaweed broth).
Be sure to add on EN’s signature homemade tofu kit! If you’ve never experienced freshly-made tofu before, this dish will change your life. Served warm or cold, the silky texture of fresh tofu finished with wari-joyu and a little sea salt will transport you to Japan.
EN Japanese Brasserie was founded by star restaurateur Reika Alexander in New York City’s West Village in 2004, and since then it’s established itself as the city’s premier destination for seasonally-inspired, authentic Japanese cuisine. The true flavors of Japan are presented in its thoughtful and nuanced offerings, which have been beloved by in-the-know New Yorkers for more than 15 years and can now be enjoyed in the comfort of your own home.
This package serves 4 people and includes:
- 10 pcs. Chicken Thighs (2.59 lbs. Total)
- 4 pcs. Cod (each approx. 3.3 oz.)
- Dashi Rice (20 oz.)
- Satsumaimo (Sweet Potato) (approx. 10 oz.)
- Zenmai (Royal Fern): (approx. 6.5 oz.)
- Kinoko (Mushroom): (approx. 6.5 oz.)
- Choose to add a Homemade DIY Tofu Kit
- Choose to add a Thermometer
Homemade DIY Tofu Kit Add-On
- Soy Milk (2 ltrs.)
- Nigari – Solidifying Agent (40 ml)
- Wari-joyu – A slightly sweet mix of soy sauce and fish broth (4 oz.)
- Kit serves 4-6 people
- Chicken – Chicken Thigh, Salt, Egg, Kelp Powder, Soy Sauce, All Purpose Flour, Dehydrated Onion, Dehydrated Garlic, Sugar, Corn Starch, Soy Powder, Soy Sauce Powder, Wheat Starch, Sodium Bicarbonate, Ammonium Chloride
- Black Cod – Alaskan Black Cod, Saikyo Miso, Sake, Gluten Free Soy Sauce, Salt
- Dashi Rice – Dashi (Kelp and Bonito Flakes), Short Grain Rice, Sake, Mirin, Soy Sauce, Salt
- Obanzai – Maitake Mushroom, Shimeji Mushroom, Enoki Mushroom, Shiitake Mushroom, Fiddlehead Ferns, Gluten-Free Soy Sauce, Sugar, Sake, Mirin, Sesame Oil, Shichimi Togarashi (Pepper), Salt, Japanese Sweet Potatoes, Sugar, Light Soy Sauce, Edamame, Bonito Flakes, Dashi (Bonito Flakes, Water, Kelp)
- Homemade Tofu Kit – Soy Milk, Nigari (Natural Magnesium Chloride)
Instructions / Storage
- This kit ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, place Chicken, and Rice in the refrigerator for 1-2 days or freezer for 9 months
- Upon arrival, place Cod in the refrigerator for 1-2 days or freezer for 2-3 months
- Place Obanzai in the refrigerator for 1-2 days, freezing not recommended
Saikyo Miso Black Cod
- Preheat Oven to 375
- Place Parchment Paper or Aluminum Foil on a cooking sheet
- Place the Cod skin down and cook for 10 minutes.
- Flip the Cod over skin side up and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes. Fish should reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
Japanese Fried Chicken
- Heat up 4-6 cups neutral oil to 375 degrees.
- Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes or until fully cooked
- Chicken must reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees
- The obanzai can be plated and enjoyed either cold or at room temperature.
- En Japanese Brasserie ships Wednesday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.