This is a homemade plant-based, vegan-friendly riff on a classic chorizo-sweet potato taco that packs a blast of spicy umami bliss in every bite. It arrives at your door ready to be tucked into corn tortillas and garnished with lime, onion, cilantro, and three salsas!
Chef Alex Stupak achieved renown as one of the country’s hottest pastry chefs at Clio and Alinea in Chicago and at NYC’s wd-50. One day, though, he took a step back, asked himself what he loves to eat the most, and went confidently in the direction of his answer: Tacos! He opened Empellón to widespread critical acclaim in New York’s West Village in 2011, and it remains one of the city’s most popular restaurants.
This package serves 2-3 people and includes:
- Veggie Chorizo (24 oz.)
- Chile Seasoning (2 oz.)
- Steamed Sweet Potato (12 oz.)
- 20 Corn Tortillas
- Salsa Roja (4 oz.)
- Salsa Verde ( 4 oz.)
- Salsa Arbol (4 oz.)
- Minced White Onion (4 oz.)
- 1 Bunch Cilantro
- 2 Limes
Unfortunately due to California agriculture laws, Empellon is unable to ship limes to California Residences. Any orders shipping to California will exclude limes.
- 1 Branded box
Veggie Chorizo: Textured Vegetable Protein, Shiitake Mushrooms, White Onion, Garlic, Cider Vinegar, Guajillo Chile, Ancho Chile, Arbol Chile, Coriander, Ginger, Mexican Oregano, Black Pepper, Canela, Clove, Nutmeg, Smoked Paprika
Chile Seasoning: Pasilla Mixe Chile, Lime Juice, Kosher Salt
Corn Tortillas: Ocotillo Blanco Corn, Slaked Lime
Salsa Roja: Guajillo Chile, Roasted Garlic, Roasted Tomatoes, Chipotle Chile, Sugar, Kosher Salt
Salsa Verde: Tomatillos, Garlic, Roasted Serrano Chile, Kosher Salt, Honey, Avocado, Cilantro
Salsa Arbol: Arbol Chile, Sesame Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Allspice, Cloves, Cumin, Mexican Oregano, Sugar, Kosher Salt, Cider Vinegar, Xanthan Gum
Steamed Sweet Potatoes
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival store all items in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Open the package and place all items in a refrigerator for preparation.
- Chop cilantro and place alongside minced onions.
- Cut limes into wedges.
- Twist the lid off of salsas.
- Heat up taco fillings in a large skillet with seasonings, and cooking oil provided.
- Toast tortillas one by one in a large skillet and wrap up in a towel.
- Place tortillas, taco fillings, salsas, onion, cilantro, and limes on your table and enjoy assembling tacos to your liking.
- Empellon ships Monday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.