This is a combo pack of two of Empellón’s best-selling tacos: Carnitas and Adobo Shrimp, along with plenty of accompanying salsas and garnishes!
Chef Alex Stupak rose to fame as one of the country’s hottest pastry chefs during his time at Chicago’s acclaimed Clio and Alinea and NYC’s wd-50. One day, however, he took a step back, asked himself, “What do I love to eat the most?” and decided to go confidently in the direction of his answer: Tacos! He opened Empellón to widespread critical acclaim in New York’s West Village in 2011, and it remains a certified hotspot.
This package serves 4-6 people and includes
- Adobo Shrimp (16 oz.)
- Chile Seasoning (2 oz.)
- Carnitas (16 oz.)
- Carnitas Seasoning (2 oz.)
- Lard (3 oz.)
- 20 Corn Tortillas
- Canola Oil (3 oz.)
- Salsa Roja (4 oz.)
- Salsa Verde (4 oz.)
- Salsa Arbol (4 oz.)
- Minced White Onion (4 oz.)
- 1 Bunch Cilantro
- 2 Limes
Unfortunately due to California agriculture laws, Empellon is unable to ship limes to California Residences. Any orders shipping to California, will exclude limes.
- 1 Branded box
Adobo Shrimp: Shrimp, guajillo chile, chipotle chile, roasted garlic, cider vinegar, Mexican oregano, black pepper, cumin, clove, Canela
Carnitas: Pork shoulder, Mexican cola, oranges, Mexican oregano, lard
Chile Seasoning: Pasilla mixe chile, lime juice, kosher salt
Carnitas Seasoning: Roasted garlic, kosher salt, piloncillo, Canela, Mexican oregano
Corn Tortillas: Oocotillo blanco corn, slaked lime
Salsa Roja: Guajillo chile, roasted garlic, roasted tomatoes, chipotle chile, sugar, kosher salt)
Salsa Verde: Tomatillos, garlic, roasted serrano chile, kosher salt, honey, avocado, cilantro Salsa Arbol: Arbol chile, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, allspice, cloves, cumin, Mexican oregano, sugar, kosher salt, cider vinegar, xanthan gum
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival store all items in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Open the package and place all items in a refrigerator for preparation.
- Chop cilantro and place alongside minced onions.
- Cut limes into wedges.
- Twist the lid off of salsas.
- Heat up taco fillings in a large skillet with seasonings and cooking oil provided.
- Toast tortillas one by one in a large skillet and wrap up in a towel.
- Place tortillas, taco fillings, salsas, onion, cilantro, and limes on your table and enjoy assembling tacos to your liking.
- Empellon ships Monday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.