You’re invited to join us for our latest Goldbelly Live! event series: a live pizza-making class with the mastermind behind Brooklyn’s renowned Emmy Squared, Emily Hyland! Most famous for marrying New York-style grandma pies with Detroit-style pizza, Emmy Squared’s pizzas have a fluffy, focaccia-like crust and a ring of caramelized crispy-crunchy cheese around the rim — a truly life-changing combination that you can now recreate at home for the first time!
Since few flavor combos pack more of a punch than jalapeños, honey, and pepperoni, Emily will guide you through making Emmy Squared’s signature “Colony” at home – a spicy, sweet, savory pizza topped with red sauce, mozzarella, crispy pepperoni cups, pickled jalapeños, and honey.
Here’s How it Works:
- Order your Emmy Squared Pizza Kit before Thursday, November 12 at 11pm ET.
- By placing an order, you will automatically be enrolled in the exclusive Zoom event.
- On Tuesday, November 17, you’ll receive your Pizza Kit at your door, along with an email with all the info you’ll need to join the Zoom event.
- At 7 PM ET on Wednesday, November 18, join Emily & the Emmy Squared team on Zoom and learn how to make those perfect pies at home!
A limited number of spots are available, and they’re expected to fill up quickly. Reserve your spot today!
For more details, head to the Goldbelly Blog!
Limited Edition: This VIP Pizza Package Includes a FREE Goldbelly Live! Pizza-Making Zoom Class with Emmy Squared’s Emily Hyland.
This package serves 2 people and includes everything you need to make 2 Cocktails + 1 Colony Pizza
- Choose to make it Gluten Free
- Also includes the ingredients for Extra Dough for 1 More Pizza!
- Each pizza is approximately 7″ × 9″
- Choose to add merch!
- Emmy Squared Cookbook
- Custom Hedley & Bennett Adult Apron
- Custom Hedley & Bennett Kid’s Apron
- Pepperoni (20 pieces)
- Detroit-style Pan + Lid
- Frozen Dough (Choose to make it Gluten Free)
Extra Dough Kit
- Flour (Choose to make it Gluten Free)
- Apple cider
- Lemon juice
- 1/2 can of ginger beer
- A 6 cube Ice Cube Tray
You Will Need
For the Cocktail
Cocktail shaker (or mason jar), something to strain with, a tall glass for the cocktail, and ice
For the Pizza
Oven mitts, a ladle, a spatula, a pizza-cutter (or kitchen knife), and a cutting board
For the Extra Dough
A medium-sized mixing bowl, measuring cups and spoons, olive oil, and plastic wrap or lid for the mixing bowl
Sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni, pickled jalapeños, honey
Contains: Dairy & Gluten
Instructions / Storage
- Kit is made-to-order
- Although each box is carefully packed with ice packs and picked up for immediate shipment, it is normal for the dough and ice packs to partially thaw during shipment
- Upon receipt place dough in the freezer
- Put the tomato sauce, cheese, pepperoni, and jalapenos into the fridge
- Honey can stay at room temperature
- Store all components for the cocktail in the refrigerator
- Leave the dough in the bag and place it in freezer overnight
- In the morning on the day of class, take the dough out of the freezer
- Place dough into the center of your well-buttered pan, uncovered; allow to thaw for one hour
- Once dough is thawed and soft, gently press it to the edges of the pan
- Cover the pan and let the dough proof at room temperature for two hours
- After two hours, put pan into the refrigerator until class
- Fill and freeze the ice cube trays overnight
- Store all remaining components for the cocktail in the refrigerator
Pizza Pan Care Guide
About Your Pan
- Your kit includes a specialty Detroit-style pizza pan.
- Please note the pan has a seasoned coating and as it is being shipped together with refrigerated ingredients this can cause some oxidation/ blemishes̤ DO NOT use soap and water to clean the pan; instead use salt and oil as you would with iron cookware.
- These specialty pans are meant to be seasoned by use
- They will get better with time, like a cast iron skillet
- These are our instructions to correctly prep a pan to give it a clean and begin the seasoning process:
When Your Pan Arrives
- If need be, wipe the pan clean of any blemishes that may have resulted from oxidation during transit.
- Gently scrub the pan with the coarse side of a dry sponge. This is a dry scrub with no water! DO NOT USE ANY WATER ON PIZZA PANS as this will cause rust̤
- Add a small amount (less than a tsp) of Kosher Salt to the pizza pan.
- Using a paper towel, rub salt gently into the pan to absorb excess grease or blemishes.
- Wipe clean of salt. DO NOT USE WATER ON PIZZA PAN but dry paper towel instead.
- Add small amount of canola or similar vegetable oil (1 T) and rub into the entire pan as evenly as possible.
- This oil coating will act to “season” your pizza pan for future use while baking your pizza. Each use will further the pan’s seasoning, similar to a cast iron skillet. Once wiped clear of excess oil, pan will be ready for fresh dough!
To Clean Your Pan
- After removing pizza from pan, wipe clean of any crumbs or particulates
- Keep pizza pan in a dry place separate from other dishes to prevent oxidation
- Repeat process above of gentle dry scrub (you may only need the salt if there is a lot of residue, otherwise this step can be sometimes omitted), wipe with dry paper towel; coat with oil finish
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Emmy Squared ships Monday – Friday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.