These delicious and satisfying tortas are completely vegan! A soft vegan artisan bun is filled with your choice of vegan protein and topped with red and green salsa, lettuce, tomato, and onion!
Founded in 2015 by Aurelio and Lily Arias and their son Aaron, El Palote is Dallas’ very first completely vegan Mexican restaurant. They’ve reformulated recipes that have been in their family for generations while not sacrificing any of the flavor. This soy-based meat substitute is so good, you won’t miss the meat!
This package serves 4-6 people and includes everything you need to make 5 tortas:
- 5 Buns (each 8″ × 4″)
- Your choice of 3 types of Soy-Based Protein (each 1 lb.)
- 6 oz. Red Salsa
- 6 oz. Green Salsa
- 5 oz. Tomatoes
- 5 oz. Onions
- 6 oz. Lettuce
Vegan Protein Options Include:
- Carne Guisada
- Al Pastor
- Chicharon Con Salsa
Soy, Flour, Canola Oil, Spice, Onions, Pickles
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove packaging and place immediately in the fridge until ready reheat and serve
- Torta components will last up to 1 week in the fridge or 2 weeks frozen
- Fill a sauce pan 3 quarters of the way to the top with water place on high heat until boiling
- Place vacuum-sealed pouches of beans, rice, and vegan protein in the pot to boil for 25-30 minutes.
- Once the contents of the bags have been heated to your desired temperature, remove them from the pouches.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high
- Sear until golden brown
- Cut veggies to your preferred size and place on the torta
- El Palote Panaderia ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.