Choose Your Own Soups - 8 Pack
Egunsi Foods (pronounced A-Goo-See)—named after an amazing high-protein melon seed native to West Africa—is founder Yemisi Awosan’s way of sharing her love of West African flavors. Each bowl of soup is not only crafted with much care, but also with ingredients sourced from partner farmers in Africa whenever possible.
Choose your own 8 flavors from Egunsi’s assortment of delicious soups. They make a great meal for the week and just takes few minutes to warm up and ready to eat!
- This package includes 8 containers of soup
- Each container is 17.3 oz. and serves 2 people
- Dairy-Free, Vegan and Gluten Free (but made in a facility that processes nuts, bread, milk & meat)
- Choose your soup flavors!
Flavor Options Include
- Gbegiri (Brown-eyed Peas) Soup – Gbegiri (pronounced with a silent ‘g’ at the beginning) is a creamy-yet-chunky soup made of Nigerian Honey brown-eyed peas. Its texture is reminiscent of lentil dahl and is equally as flavorful!
- Obe Ata (West African Tomato) Soup – Obe Ata is a classic West African dish due to its extremely versatile nature; it serves as the base to stews, eaten over rice or you can simple soak up this flavorful soup with bread! This version has a finer texture but is equally as flavorful and delicious. Egunsi Foods flavored the soup with their in house vegetable base, which gives a silky-smooth texture
- Egunsi (Melon Seed) Soup – Egunsi Soup is a hearty West African comfort food made with Egunsi Foods’ namesake Egusi seed. This is a creamy, savory soup with nutty accents, flavored with vegetables, a mild Habanero kick and topped with braised collard greens
- Groundnut (Peanut Butter) Soup – There’s just something so comforting about this rich soup with savory vegetable base and peanut butter. Sierra Leonean and Ghanaians alike consider this stew a staple of their cuisine, traditionally eaten with fufu or rice balls. Creamy and just a touch sweet, a bowl of this soup is the perfect way to wind down on a cold night and perfect eaten cold in the summer
Gbegiri: Honey Brown-Eyed Pea, Water, Onion, Vegetable Base (Onion, Carrot, Celery, Mushroom, Corn, Water, Canola Oil, Tomato Paste, Spices, Sea Salt, Garlic, Smoked Paprika), Canola Oil, Palm Oil, Sea Salt, Habanero Pepper
Obe Ata: Water, Tomato, Red Pepper, Onion, Canola Oil, Vegetable Base (Onion, Carrot, Celery, Mushroom, Corn, Water, Canola Oil, Tomato Paste, Spices, Sea Salt, Garlic, Smoked Paprika), Organic Lemon Juice, Sea Salt, Habanero Pepper
Egunsi: Water, Tomato, Red Pepper, Onion, Vegetable Base (Onion, Carrot, Celery, Mushroom, Corn, Water, Canola Oil, Tomato Paste, Spices, Sea Salt, Garlic, Smoked Paprika), Egusi Seed, Collard Green, Canola Oil, Organic Lemon Juice, Palm Oil , Organic Cane Sugar, Sea Salt, Habanero Pepper
Groundnut: Water, Tomato, Onion, Peanut Butter (Peanut, Salt), Vegetable Base (Onion, Carrot, Celery, Mushroom, Corn, Water, Canola Oil, Tomato Paste, Spices, Sea Salt, Garlic, Smoked Paprika), Organic Lemon Juice, Tomato Paste, Ginger, Garlic, Organic Cane Sugar, Sea Salt, Habanero Pepper
Made in a facility that processes nuts, bread, meat and milk.
Instructions / Storage
- Soups are made fresh, frozen and shipped with ice packs which may thaw partially or fully during transit
- Upon arrival, place containers in the refrigerator or freezer
- Soups can be stored in the refrigerator for 1 week or in the freezer for up to 5 months
- To serve, transfer soup contents into a microwave-safe container. Do not microwave in jar provided. Cover with a microwave-safe lid plate and heat for 2-3 minutes. Microwave times may vary
- Soup may also be heated in a small sauce pan over low heat (about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally)
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Egunsi Foods ships Wednesday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via overnight will incur an additional $35 charge. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.