Ed's Famous BBQ Spare Ribs - 2 Racks
Ed Mitchell & Son’s ‘Que ships its famous barbecue nationwide on Goldbelly! Exclusively smoking hogs for events and festivals, the only way to experience Ed Mitchell’s legendary barbecue is to have Ed send it directly to you. Ed Mitchell’s famous BBQ pork ribs start with North Carolina pasture-raised pork that’s butterflied over a smoker filled with oak wood and charcoal for 12 hours. True to Eastern North Carolina BBQ style, this meat is seasoned with a vinegar-based BBQ sauce.
North Carolina’s most legendary pitmaster, Ed Mitchell, teamed up with his son Ryan in 2014 to smoke free range, grass-fed hogs in Durham, North Carolina, believing that by raising hogs naturally, he can get close to how barbecue was done 100 years ago. Because they’re exclusively smoking hogs for events and festivals, the only way to experience Ed Mitchell’s legendary barbecue outside of the area is to have Ed send it directly to you. Ed Mitchell was featured in Michael Pollan’s best-selling book & Netflix series, “Cooked.” He’s been written about by Peter Kaminsky in “Pig Perfect” and Calvin Trillin. The Huffington Post and Zagat also named Ed one of “12 Pitmasters You Need to Know.”
- Each pack includes 2 racks of Pork spare ribs
- Each rack has 8 bones and weighs approximately 3 lbs.
- 18 oz. bottle of Ed Mitchell’s vegetable-based BBQ sauce
- Each pack serves up to 6 people
- Choose to add 2 lbs. of Ed’s iconic chopped BBQ pork (can be kept in freezer)
Instructions / Storage
- All meats are fully cooked, vacuum-sealed and flash frozen to preserve peak flavor and moisture. Although each box is carefully packed with ice packs and picked up for immediate transportation, it is normal for the meat and ice packs to partially or fully thaw during shipment
- Upon arrival, place the BBQ in the refrigerator if you plan to serve within 4 days. If you plan to serve it later, place it in the freezer for up to 6 months
- To serve, follow the prep instructions below
- Once heated, we do not recommend re-freezing
- We do not recommend using the microwave to reheat
- To cook from thawed state, allow meat to thaw in the refrigerator overnight for approximately 10 hours and choose from the methods below
- We recommend reheating ribs in oven or on grill for best results
OVEN METHOD – Remove ribs from plastic. Place in a covered pan and heat on low until hot enough to serve (approximately 15 minutes)
GRILL METHOD – Remove ribs from plastic. Place on grill above hot coals, turning occasionally until heated through (approximately 15 minutes). If desired, keep grill lid covered
MICROWAVE METHOD- Not the ideal re-heat method. Remove ribs from plastic. Place on a plate, cover. Cook on medium heat, approximately for 2-3 minutes per rib
- Ed Mitchell & Son’s ’Que ships Monday and Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.