Ed's Famous BBQ Spare Ribs - 2 Racks
Ed Mitchell has teamed up with his son to smoke free range, grass-fed hogs, believing that by raising hogs naturally, he can get close to how barbecue was done 100 years ago. Exclusively smoking hogs for events and festivals, the only way to experience Ed Mitchell’s legendary barbecue is to have Ed send it directly to you.
Ed Mitchell’s famous BBQ pork ribs start with North Carolina pastured-raised pork that’s butterflied over a smoker filled with oak wood and charcoal, for 12 hours. True to Eastern North Carolina BBQ style, this meat is seasoned with a vinegar-based BBQ sauce.
- Each pack includes 2 racks of Pork spare ribs
- Each rack has 8 bones and weighs approximately 3 lbs.
- 18 oz. bottle of Ed Mitchell’s vegetable-based BBQ sauce
- Each pack serves up to 6 people
- Choose to add 2 lbs. of Ed’s iconic chopped BBQ pork (can be kept in freezer)
Instructions / Storage
- All meats are fully cooked, vacuum-sealed and flash frozen to preserve peak flavor and moisture. Although each box is carefully packed with ice packs and picked up for immediate transportation, it is normal for the meat and ice packs to partially or fully thaw during shipment
- Upon arrival, place the BBQ in the refrigerator if you plan to serve within 4 days. If you plan to serve it later, place it in the freezer for up to 6 months
- To serve, follow the prep instructions below
- Once heated, we do not recommend re-freezing
- We do not recommend using the microwave to reheat
- To cook from thawed state, allow meat to thaw in the refrigerator overnight for approximately 10 hours and choose from the methods below
- We recommend reheating ribs in oven or on grill for best results
OVEN METHOD – Remove ribs from plastic. Place in a covered pan and heat on low until hot enough to serve (approximately 15 minutes)
GRILL METHOD – Remove ribs from plastic. Place on grill above hot coals, turning occasionally until heated through (approximately 15 minutes). If desired, keep grill lid covered
MICROWAVE METHOD- Not the ideal re-heat method. Remove ribs from plastic. Place on a plate, cover. Cook on medium heat, approximately for 2-3 minutes per rib
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Ed Mitchell & Son’s ’Que ships Monday and Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.