Chopped BBQ Pork - 4 lbs
Ed Mitchell has teamed up with his son to smoke free range, grass-fed hogs, believing that by raising hogs naturally, he can get close to how barbecue was done 100 years ago. Exclusively smoking hogs for events and festivals, the only way to experience Ed Mitchell’s legendary barbecue is to have Ed send it directly to you.
Ed Mitchell’s famous chopped BBQ pork starts with North Carolina pastured-raised pork that’s butterflied over a smoker filled with oak wood and charcoal, for 12 hours. Once cooked, the hog is de-boned by hand, use a 150-year old “pig picking” method to pull out tender parts, and chopped and seasoned by the pitmaster himself with an apple cider vinegar-based seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, freshly ground black pepper and a little bit of paprika and sage that’s true to Eastern North Carolina style BBQ.
- Each pack includes 4 lbs chopped BBQ pork
- 18 oz. bottle of Ed Mitchell’s vegetable-based BBQ sauce
- Each pack serves up to 8 people
- Buns not included
- Choose to add an additional 2 lbs of pulled pork wrapped separately (can keep in freezer)
Instructions / Storage
- All meats are fully cooked, vacuum-sealed and flash frozen to preserve peak flavor and moisture. Although each box is carefully packed with ice packs and picked up for immediate transportation, it is normal for the meat and ice packs to partially or fully thaw during shipment
- Upon arrival, place the BBQ in the refrigerator if you plan to serve within 4 days. If you plan to serve it later, place it in the freezer for up to 6 months
- To serve, follow the prep instructions below
- Once heated, we do not recommend re-freezing
- We do not recommend using the microwave to reheat
- To cook from frozen, remove from plastic, heat oven to 300 degrees F. Place meat in a covered casserole container or an aluminum pan covered with foil. Warm approximately 45 minutes until heated through and steaming
- To cook from thawed state, allow meat to thaw in the refrigerator overnight for approximately 10 hours and choose from the methods below
- We recommend reheating BBQ in slow cooker for best results
SLOW COOKER METHOD – Remove thawed meat from plastic and heat on low for approximately 30 minutes.
STOVE TOP METHOD – Remove thawed meat from plastic. In a heavy-bottomed skillet with a well-fitting lid, heat a tiny bit of oil or non-stick spray on low. Add meat. Keep covered but stir frequently until heated, approximately 20 minutes
GRILL METHOD – Remove from plastic and place ’que in a covered aluminum foil pan or other grill-safe container, and reheat over medium low heat until hot and steaming, approximately 30 minutes. (Larger amounts of food may take longer to re-heat.)
OVEN METHOD – Remove from plastic, heat oven to 300 degrees F. Place meat in a covered casserole container or an aluminum pan covered with foil. Warm approximately 30 minutes until heated through and steaming
Please note that chopped and pulled ’que is already seasoned with sauce and seasonings. Add extra sauce only to taste.Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- Ed Mitchell & Son’s ’Que ships Monday and Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.