The Snowman DIY Cake Kit
This kit from Duff’s Cakemix™ includes everything you need to design and decorate your very own three-layer Chocolate Snowman Cake!
Duff’s Cakemix™ is a do-it-yourself cake and cupcake decorating studio founded by Food Network star, Duff Goldman. We provide everything you need to bring your creative vision to life. Whether you follow one of our step-by-step guides or do your own thing, you get to focus on the most fun and creative part of cake-making — the decorating! We’re here to inspire the super hero cake decorator in all of us, and step-by-step guides make the process easy for even the most hesitant creators. You’ll end up with a delicious, one-of-a-kind creation to enjoy at home with family or friends, or to share as a personalized gift. Our mission is “creativity, community and joy through cake decorating.” At Duff’s Cakemix, we believe there are artists in all of us, and that cake decorating is an act of love, especially when done with or for others. The world wants to create, the world needs to create, and more than anything, the world needs cake — we’re here to help.
This package serves 8-10 people and includes everything you need to design your own cake!
- 1 Three-layer Chocolate Cake, Covered in White Buttercream
- 1 pack Red Fondant (2 oz.)
- 1 pack Orange Fondant (2 oz.)
- 1 pack Yellow Fondant (2 oz.)
- 2 packs Blue Fondant (each 2 oz.)
- 1 pack Black Fondant (2 oz.)
- 1 pack White Buttercream (2 oz.)
- Candy Accents (May Vary)
- 1 Piping Bag
- 1 Popsicle Stick
- 2 Toothpicks
- 2 Q-tips
- 1 Cake Board (9”)
- Duff’s decorating basics, and a handy guide for at-home tool alternatives
- Tools sold separately
- Each cake measures 6" and weighs 4.7 lbs.
Add On Tools
- Rolling Pin
- Fondant Cutter
Chocolate Cake – Sugar, Bleached Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Enriched With Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Food Starch-modified Cocoa (Processed With Alkali), Diary Product Solids (Milk). Contains 2% or Less of Each of the Following: Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate), Soybean Oil, Emulsifier (Propylene Glycol Esters of Fatty Acids, Mono and Diglycerides, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate) Salt, Artificial Flavor, Caramel Color (Contains Sulfites), Red 40, Egg Whites, Soy Flour, Sugar, Chocolate Liquor, Cocoa Butter, Soy Lecithin (an Emulsifier), Vanilla (Milk), Unsalted Butter, Powdered Sugar, Vanilla Extract, Sea Salt, Shortening.
*allergens: Product Contains Wheat, Soy, Milk, and Eggs. Product Has Been Made and Packed in a Facility That Also Contains Peanuts and Tree Nuts.
Fondant – Sugar, Corn Syrup, Water, Palm Oil, Gum Tragacanth (E413)(Stabilizer), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Cellulose Gum (E466) (Thickener), Modified Corn Starch, Potassium Sorbate (E202) (Preservative), Glycerin (E422) (Humectant), Acetic Acid (E260) (Preservative). May Contain One or More of the Following: Titanium Dioxide (Coloring), Blue 1 (E133), Red 40 (E129), Yellow 6 (E110), Red 3 (E127), Yellow 5 (E102).
White Fondant: Sugar, Water, Corn Syrup, Palm Oil, Tragacanth Gum, Glycerine , Arabic Gum, Carboxy Methyl Cellulose (Cmc), Modified Corn Starch, Potassium Sorbate, Acetic Acid, Sodium Acetate, Artificial Vanilla Flavor, Artificial Colors: Titanium Dioxide (E171 Titanium Dioxide)
White Buttercream – Unsalted Butter, Powdered Sugar, Sea Salt, Vanilla Extract, Shortening
Contains wheat, dairy, and may contain traces of nuts
Instructions / Storage
- Cake Kit ships frozen with dry ice
- Do not remove dry ice with bare hands
- To Store Frozen Place cake immediately in the freezer, Keep in packaging. May be kept frozen for up to 2 weeks
- To Store Refrigerated Refrigerate in the packaging until ready to apply decorations. Cake may be kept refrigerated for up to 5 days. For peak freshness, decorate and enjoy within 3 days.
- Store fondant, candy at room temp
- Buttercream may be kept refrigerated for 2 weeks
- If frozen, move cake to the fridge 5 hours prior to decorating. Keep in packaging.
- If fondant is difficult to knead, remove from packaging and microwave for 3 sec. Check and repeat if necessary
- Thaw buttercream, at room temp for 1 hour prior to decorating. Use hand to knead and warm pre-filled piping bags prior to use
- Before decorating, ensure the cake is thawed. Do not decorate frozen. Gently pat dry any moisture with a paper towel.
Attach cake to 9” board for easier handling and to add decorating surface:
- If buttercream provided in container: Use popsicle stick to stir and softed
- Fill piping bag: Fold over top of bag
- Scoop buttercream into very bottom (toward tip). Unfold.
- Twist excess plastic while pushing buttercream down as low as possible. Tie if desired.
- Cut small slit at tip of pre-filled piping bag.
- Squeeze out dab of buttercream in center of 9” board
- Cake is on 6” board – do not remove. Remove plastic wrap, leave collar on.
- Sit cake (with 6” board on bottom) on top of dab on 9” board.
- Place in fridge to “glue” together and prevent sliding.
- For best results, complete all fondant decorations before removing cake from fridge to ensure cake remains firm
Decorating Your Cake
- When ready to place decorations, remove the cake from the fridge
- Gently remove the collar
- If buttercream sticks, use a knife or spatula to spread back on the cake (decorations may also cover blemishes).
- For best results decorate within 60 minutes after removing cake from fridge. The colder the room, the better! If cake softens, return to fridge for 15 mins.
Store After Decorating
- To preserve freshness, use plastic wrap to gently surround and drape decorated cake and tuck underneath the board. Store in the fridge.
- Remove from fridge and leave at room temp 1 hour before serving.
- If storing after a slice is removed, apply a plastic wrap or parchment paper to remaining exposed cake
- Combine, knead yellow and blue fondants until smooth to form green
- Roll out, then cut 6" circle (diameter of cake)
- Cut top off circle (about 1/4 of total) to form hat shape. Set aside excess fondant (for scarf)
- Use popsicle stick to indent beanie. Attach to top of cake
- Knead, roll out red fondant. Cut strip for brim of beanie. Use popsicle stick to add indents. Attach to cake
- Roll remaining red fondant into ball. Use scissors to cut divots and create spiked texture. Attach to cake
- Knead remaining green fondant. Roll out as long as possible. Cut a long, wide strip for scarf. Use popsicle stick to indent and form tassels.
- Brrr!!! Wrap scarf around base of cake.
- Knead orange fondant. Sculpt a small carrot. Use popsicle stick to indent. Give that snowman a nose!
- Congrats, you are now officially on Team Duff!
- Duff Goldman Cake Kits ship Tuesday & Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.