Combining old-world methods and curiosity for innovation, Dolcezza crafts an exquisite gelato with a conscience. Most ingredients are grown locally by their farmer friends, who hand-pick their produce at peak ripeness before bringing it to the market the next day. Love thyself. Love they neighbor. For God’s sake love someone this year for Valentine’s Day. The current conditions demand it. And then don’t stop after that, make it a love for all-day everyday!
Husband and wife Robb Duncan and Violetta Edelman were on a whirlwind tour of South America when they were struck with inspiration while enjoying gelato at a famous shop in Buenos Aires. In July 2004, they opened a gelato shop of their own in Washington, D.C.’s Georgetown neighborhood, and since then Dolcezza Gelato has become a local institution, serving daily-made gelato and expertly crafted coffee drinks. The Dolcezza team produces small batches of hand-made gelato every morning using the best available ingredients: local fruits, herbs, nuts, cheese, milk, and cream. Most ingredients are grown by local farmers. They squeeze the citrus one by one, melt the chocolate, infuse the herbs, grind the nuts. and roast the spices, all with their own hands, every step of the way.
This package includes 4 Pints of Gelato
Flavor Options Include
- Passionfruit Mousse – A classic from the gelato parlors of Argentina. Tropical punch with a pillowy mouthfeel. Feel free to spoon feed it to your soulmate or shovel it down your own mouth hole. Just do it in private – no one needs to see any of that.
- White Chocolate Raspberry – Rich cocoa butter gelato with generous gobs of housemade raspberry jam. Rich meets funky. The plot of your favorite antiquated rom com.
- Blood Orange Sherbert – Freshly squeezed Sicilian blood oranges blended with in-house sherbert mix. Sweet. Tart. Lipsmacking. The creamsicle for hopeless romantics.
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberries – Melted chocolate generously poured into strawberry gelato. The universal symbol of rekindled romance. Begging for forgiveness. Or mildly regretting impulse-buys at the mall.
- Passionfruit Mousse – passion fruit, whole milk, sugar, non-fat dry milk, lime juice, gum acacia, guar gum, xanthan gum
- White Chococlate Raspberry – whole milk, sugar, heavy cream, raspberry compote (raspberry, sugar), cocoa butter, non-fat dry milk, vanilla extract, locust bean gum, guar gum
- Blood Orange Sherbert – blood orange juice, whole milk, sugar, non-fat dry milk, lime juice, gum acacia, guar gum, xanthan gum
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberries – whole milk, strawberries, sugar, chocolate chip (coconut fat, sugar, cocoa, soy lecithin), heavy cream, non-fat dry milk, vanilla extract, locust bean gum, guar gum
allergens: contains milk, coconut, and soy
may contain eggs, almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashew, pistachios, peanuts
Instructions / Storage
- Gelato ships frozen with dry ice
- Do NOT remove dry ice with bare hands
- Upon arrival place ice cream in the freeze immediately
- Gelato may be kept frozen for up to 2 month
- Dolcezza Gelato ships Monday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.