Chocotorta is a traditional Argentine celebration cake made from chocolate cookies soaked in coffee and sandwiched between layers of whipped dulce de leche and cream cheese. We make this cake by the trays, chop them up and toss them in our sweet and buttery dulce de leche gelato.
Husband and wife Robb Duncan and Violetta Edelman were on a whirlwind tour of South America in the year 2000 when they were struck with inspiration while enjoying gelato at a famous shop in Buenos Aires. In July of 2004 they opened a gelato shop of their own in Washington’s Georgetown neighborhood, and since then it’s become a local institution, serving daily-made gelato & expertly crafted coffee drinks in 8 shops and several downtown farmers’ markets.
The Dolcezza team produces small batches of hand-made gelato every morning in their expansive Gelato Factory & Coffee Lab in the Union Market neighborhood, using the best available ingredients: local fruits, herbs, nuts, cheese, milk and cream. Most ingredients are grown by local farmers. They squeeze the citrus one by one, melt the chocolate, infuse the herbs, grind the nuts and roast the spices, all with their own hands, every step of the way.
This holiday package includes 4 Pints of Chocotorta Gelato
- Chocotorta – Whole Milk, Dulce De Leche (Milk, Sugar, Dextrose, Sodium Bicarbonate, Potassium Sorbate), Chocotorta (Cookie (Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Iron, Folic Acid, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin), Sugar, Refined Beef Fat, Cocoa Powder, Glucose Syrup, Salt, Sodium Bicarbonate, Ammonium Bicarbonate, Caramel Color, Soy Lecithin, Sodium Metabisulphite, Vanillin), Cream Cheese (Pasteurized Milk and Cream, Salt, Carob Bean Gum, Cheese Culture), Dulce De Leche (Milk, Cane Sugar, Soybean Oil, Glucose, Vanilla, Sodium Bicarbonate), Coffee), Heavy Cream, Pure Cane Sugar, Pure Vanilla Extract, Locust Bean Gum, Guar Gum.
Contains: Milk, Sulfites, Soy, Wheat
Instructions / Storage
- Gelato ships frozen with dry ice
- Do NOT remove dry ice with bare hands
- Upon arrival place ice cream in the freeze immediately
- Gelato may be kept frozen for up to 2 month
- Dolcezza Gelato ships Monday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.