Heart’s Desire, a special Valentine’s Day Triple Cream, is here for a limited time! This collection features an indulgent heart-shaped Mt. Tam and L’Amuse Gouda, with charmingly sweet pairings like bittersweet chocolate truffles, sumptuous rhubarb lavender jam, and vanilla bean & chocolate shortbread from their Petaluma neighbors.
Sue Conley and Peggy Smith founded Cowgirl Creamery in the early 1990s, with the mission to help West Marin’s farms and dairies get their delicious products into the hands of the finest local chefs. Nearly 30 years later, Cowgirl Creamery is an icon in the industry. In 2010, Sue and Peggy were inducted into the prestigious Guilde des Fromagers. They have both also received James Beard Awards for “significant and lasting achievements and contributions to the food and beverage industry for ten or more years.”
This package includes 2 of Cowgirl Creamery’s Signature Cheeses plus more:
- 8 oz. Heart’s Desire – Named after one of our favorite swimming spots on the Tomales Bay, Heart’s Desire is our elegant heart-shaped Mt. Tam made especially for Valentine’s Day. This triple cream is made from unblended, organic, single-herd milk from Straus Family Dairy.
- 8 oz. L’Amuse Gouda – L’Amuse Gouda is a wonderful collaborative effort. Milk is sourced from Holstein-Fresian cows that graze in below sea level pasture in the Beemster region Northern Holland. From there, two gouda producers use the milk to make wheels of young gouda which is then aged for over 24-months.
- 2.4 oz. NeoCocoa Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Truffles – NeoCocoa is a small batch, handcrafted chocolate company that makes extraordinary chocolate with only the highest quality, 100% natural ingredients. Dark salted caramel is paired with 72% dark chocolate to create an intense, slightly smoky truffle with a rich, buttery mouth feel and finish that is simply exquisite.
- 7.75 oz. Girl Meets Dirt Rhubarb Lavender Jam – Organic, deep red rhubarb lightly infused with garden grown English culinary lavender buds. This jam is the perfect balance of tart and sweet with just a touch of floral.
- 6 oz. Rustic Bakery Heart Cookies – Our Petaluma neighbors produce these delightful Madagascar vanilla and Valrhona chocolate shortbread just for Valentine’s Day!
- Heart’s Desire – Cultured Butter, Fresh Pasture, Mushrooms
- L’Amuse Gouda – Butterscotch, Salted Caramel, Toasted Hazelnuts
Instructions / Storage
- Cheeses ship with gel packs, gel packs may thaw in transit
- Expect cheese to arrive at room temperature
- Upon arrival please refrigerate
- Cheese is stable at room temperature, however, it is best stored in the refrigerator
- For optimum enjoyment, please enjoy your cheese within 1-2 weeks. Soft cheeses should be enjoyed sooner
- Remove your cheese from the refrigerator at least an hour before serving, unwrap it, and place it on a cheese board or butcher paper
- Cover with an inverted bowl. This allows the cheese to breathe and protect it while it comes to room temperature.
There is Mold on My Cheese!
- Traditional cheeses are often made with natural rinds that display a variety of colorful molds and bumpy textures. These rinds protect the cheese as it ages while contributing to its unique flavor profile
- Bacteria and mold are essential components of cheese. When cut and wrapped, molds and surface oils can develop on the face of the cheese. Simply scrape the surface with a knife to remove before serving.
- Cowgirl Creamery ships Monday – Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.