Tomales Bay Deluxe Cheese Collection
Sue Conley and Peggy Smith founded Cowgirl Creamery in the early 1990s, with the mission to help West Marin’s farms and dairies get their delicious products into the hands of the finest local chefs. Nearly 30 years later, Cowgirl Creamery is an icon in the industry. In 2010, Sue and Peggy were inducted into the prestigious Guilde des Fromagers. They have both also received James Beard Awards for “significant and lasting achievements and contributions to the food and beverage industry for ten or more years.”
Taste the terroir of Cowgirl Creamery’s backyard, California’s wild North Coast. The North Coast has been the primary milk shed for the Bay Area since the Gold Rush and is the perfect location for cheesemaking. Five Cheeses. All local. All unique.
Cowgirl Creamery • Petaluma, CA
As a respectful nod to the majestic beauty of Mt Tamalpais, located a few miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge in Marin County, Cowgirl Creamery named its signature cheese Mt Tam. Creamy and elegant, Mt Tam coats your tongue with a rich, buttery flavor that carries an earthy hint of white mushrooms. The triple-cream Mt Tam is made from unblended, organic, single-herd milk from Straus Family Creamery.
Point Reyes Original Blue
Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Company • Point Reyes, CA
Made from raw milk and aged for six months, Original Blue is creamy and tangy with a medium punch of blue mold flavor, and a perfect balance of salt. The cheese’s rich, unique flavors are attributed to the high quality of the farm’s pastures and their proximity to the ocean.
Bellwether Farms • Valley Ford, CA
Named for a road that wends its way through the Sonoma hills, Carmody is made entirely from pasteurized Jersey cow milk. This firm, golden-hued cheese rolls smoothly over the tongue with a buttery intensity. As it ages, Carmody turns over a sweet and surprising caramelized undertone.
Estero Gold Reserve
Valley Ford Cheese Company • Valley Ford, CA
The Bianchi family has owned and operated their 640 acre ranch since 1918 and began producing cheese in 2008. Estero Gold Reserve is made from raw milk and aged for about 16 months, giving the cheese a hard texture and sweet flavors of fruit that are reminiscent of Parmigiano.
Aged Goat Cheddar
Redwood Hill Farm • Sebastapol, CA
This unique cheddar is crafted from pasteurized goat’s milk in Northern California and aged 5-6 months. Striking a balance between savory and sweet, this cheese is an excellent table cheese and great melted in recipes.
This package includes 5 Cheeses from California’s North Coast:
- 8 oz. Mt. Tam – Cowgirl Creamery’s signature cheese that coats your tongue with a rich, buttery flavor that carries an earthy hint of white mushrooms
- 6 oz. Point Reyes Original Blue – Creamy and tangy with a medium punch of blue mold flavor, and a perfect balance of salt
- 8 oz. Carmody – A firm, golden-hued cheese with a sweet and surprising caramelized undertone
- 12 oz. Estero Gold Reserve – Aged for about 16 months, with a hard texture and sweet flavors of fruit that are reminiscent of Parmigiano
- 4.5 oz. Redwood Hill Aged Goat Cheddar – Features all the flavor of cheddar with the fresh brightness of goat milk.
Instructions / Storage
- Cheeses ship with gel packs, gel packs may thaw in transit
- Expect cheese to arrive at room temperature
- Upon arrival please refrigerate
- Cheese is stable at room temperature, however, it is best stored in the refrigerator
- For optimum enjoyment, please enjoy your cheese within 1-2 weeks. Soft cheeses should be enjoyed sooner
- Remove your cheese from the refrigerator at least an hour before serving, unwrap it, and place it on a cheese board or butcher paper
- Cover with an inverted bowl. This allows the cheese to breathe and protect it while it comes to room temperature.
There is Mold on My Cheese!
- Traditional cheeses are often made with natural rinds that display a variety of colorful molds and bumpy textures. These rinds protect the cheese as it ages while contributing to its unique flavor profile
- Bacteria and mold are essential components of cheese. When cut and wrapped, molds and surface oils can develop on the face of the cheese. Simply scrape the surface with a knife to remove before serving.
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Cowgirl Creamery ships Monday – Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.