Cowgirl Creamery ships its famous cheese nationwide on Goldbelly! Take Cowgirl’s classic flavors up a notch. Delivered in a wooden cheese crate with cheese papers, this collection of all four of their aged cheeses accompanied by locally baked Cowgirl Creamery olive oil and sea salt crackers.
As a respectful nod to the majestic beauty of Mt Tamalpais, located a few miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge in Marin County, Cowgirl Creamery named its signature cheese Mt Tam. Creamy and elegant, Mt Tam coats your tongue with a rich, buttery flavor that carries an earthy hint of white mushrooms. The triple-cream Mt Tam is made from unblended, organic, single-herd milk from Straus Family Creamery.
Our spring seasonal cheese, St Pat has a distinctive green rind that commemorates the arrival of spring in Marin County. Made with singles source, organic milk from John & Karen Taylor’s Bivalve Dairy, these rich, creamy wheels are wrapped in wild nettle leaves harvested by Paradise Valley Farm in Bolinas. The nettle leaves, which are frozen to remove the sting, impart a light, smokey artichoke flavor. The resulting cheese is mellow, soft, and full of flavor.
Named for the Red-tailed hawk that soars over the dramatic, rolling sweep of the Marin Headlands, Red Hawk is a full-flavored triple-cream cheese made from single-source, organic milk from Karen & John Taylor’s Bivalve Dairy. This rich and enticing cheese is aged six weeks and carefully washed with a salt-water brine that suffuses the rind with a sunset-orange glow and intensifies the cheese’s already complex flavors.
Wagon Wheel’s rosy-hued rind surrounds a delightfully supple center. Although quite luxurious in its natural state, the paste becomes almost magical when melted. The flavor has a mild tartness balanced beautifully with rich notes of brown butter and cream.
Sue Conley and Peggy Smith founded Cowgirl Creamery in Petaluma, California, in 1997, with the mission to help West Marin’s farms and dairies get their product into the hands of the finest local chefs. Decades later, the cheese maker is known for its artisanal cheeses, like their signature Mt. Tam, a creamy, buttery cheese with an earthy hint of white mushrooms. In 2010, Sue and Peggy were inducted into the prestigious Guilde des Fromagers. They have both also received James Beard Awards for “significant and lasting achievements and contributions to the food and beverage industry for ten or more years.” In short, this is some of the best cheese in America!
This package includes 4 of Cowgirl Creamery’s Signature Cheeses plus more:
- 8 oz. Mt. Tam – Cowgirl Creamery’s signature cheese that coats your tongue with a rich, buttery flavor that carries an earthy hint of white mushrooms
- 8 oz. St. Pat – A mellow, soft cheese with a light, smokey artichoke flavor.
- 8 oz. Red Hawk – A full-flavored triple-cream cheese made from single-source, organic milk. Aged six weeks and carefully washed with a salt-water brine
- 10 oz. Wagon Wheel – A delightfully supple cheese with a mild tartness balanced beautifully with rich notes of brown butter and cream
- 6 oz. Cowgirl Sea Salt and Olive Oil Crackers- Crispy organic flatbread crackers are baked locally especially for Cowgirl Creamery
- Cowgirl Wooden Cheese Crate with Cheese Papers – Store the leftovers and to keep cheese fresh
- Arrives in a beautiful wooden crate, perfect for a gift!
Contains: Dairy & Gluten
Instructions / Storage
- Cheeses ship with gel packs, gel packs may thaw in transit
- Expect cheese to arrive at room temperature
- Upon arrival please refrigerate
- Cheese is stable at room temperature, however, it is best stored in the refrigerator
- For optimum enjoyment, please enjoy your cheese within 1-2 weeks. Soft cheeses should be enjoyed sooner
- Remove your cheese from the refrigerator at least an hour before serving, unwrap it, and place it on a cheese board or butcher paper
- Cover with an inverted bowl. This allows the cheese to breathe and protect it while it comes to room temperature.
There is Mold on My Cheese!
- Traditional cheeses are often made with natural rinds that display a variety of colorful molds and bumpy textures. These rinds protect the cheese as it ages while contributing to its unique flavor profile
- Bacteria and mold are essential components of cheese. When cut and wrapped, molds and surface oils can develop on the face of the cheese. Simply scrape the surface with a knife to remove before serving.
- Cowgirl Creamery ships Monday – Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.