Cowgirl Creamery ships its famous cheese nationwide on Goldbelly! Now you can give friends and family a proper Cowgirl introduction with their most popular cheese trio. Always local, always organic, and always a treat for cheese lovers.
As a respectful nod to the majestic beauty of Mt Tamalpais, located a few miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge in Marin County, Cowgirl Creamery named its signature cheese Mt Tam. Creamy and elegant, Mt Tam coats your tongue with a rich, buttery flavor that carries an earthy hint of white mushrooms. The triple-cream Mt Tam is made from unblended, organic, single-herd milk from Straus Family Creamery.
Roasted Nuts — Sautéed Leeks Organic versatile cheese, great for melting and snacking. Pasteurized Cow’s Milk
Organic bloomy rind dressed up with sweet and hot dried peppers. Pasteurized Cow’s Milk
Sue Conley and Peggy Smith founded Cowgirl Creamery in Petaluma, California, in 1997, with the mission to help West Marin’s farms and dairies get their product into the hands of the finest local chefs. Decades later, the cheese maker is known for its artisanal cheeses, like their signature Mt. Tam, a creamy, buttery cheese with an earthy hint of white mushrooms. In 2010, Sue and Peggy were inducted into the prestigious Guilde des Fromagers. They have both also received James Beard Awards for “significant and lasting achievements and contributions to the food and beverage industry for ten or more years.” In short, this is some of the best cheese in America!
This package includes 3 of Cowgirl Creamery’s Signature Cheeses:
- 8 oz. Mt. Tam – Cowgirl Creamery’s signature cheese that coats your tongue with a rich, buttery flavor that carries an earthy hint of white mushrooms
- 10 oz. Wagon Wheel – Wagon Wheel – Cowgirl Creamery – Petaluma, California Browned Butter – Roasted Nuts – Sautéed Leeks Organic versatile cheese, great for melting and snacking. Pasteurized Cow’s Milk – 10 oz
- 8 oz. Devil’s Gulch – Red Pepper – Bright Chili – Fresh Cream, Fresh Cream Organic bloomy rind coated in mushrooms, savory, and black pepper. Pasteurized Cow’s Milk
Instructions / Storage
- Cheeses ship with gel packs, gel packs may thaw in transit
- Expect cheese to arrive at room temperature
- Upon arrival please refrigerate
- Cheese is stable at room temperature, however, it is best stored in the refrigerator
- For optimum enjoyment, please enjoy your cheese within 1-2 weeks. Soft cheeses should be enjoyed sooner
- Remove your cheese from the refrigerator at least an hour before serving, unwrap it, and place it on a cheese board or butcher paper
- Cover with an inverted bowl. This allows the cheese to breathe and protect it while it comes to room temperature.
There is Mold on My Cheese!
- Traditional cheeses are often made with natural rinds that display a variety of colorful molds and bumpy textures. These rinds protect the cheese as it ages while contributing to its unique flavor profile
- Bacteria and mold are essential components of cheese. When cut and wrapped, molds and surface oils can develop on the face of the cheese. Simply scrape the surface with a knife to remove before serving.
- Cowgirl Creamery ships Monday – Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.