Sue Conley and Peggy Smith founded Cowgirl Creamery in the early 1990s, with the mission to help West Marin’s farms and dairies get their delicious products into the hands of the finest local chefs. Nearly 30 years later, Cowgirl Creamery is an icon in the industry. In 2010, Sue and Peggy were inducted into the prestigious Guilde des Fromagers. They have both also received James Beard Awards for “significant and lasting achievements and contributions to the food and beverage industry for ten or more years.”
The two most important food groups, together in an indulgent combination. Triple cream organic Mt Tam, our versatile semifirm Wagon Wheel, Dark Chocolate Honeycomb & Cowgirl Dark Chocolate Bar, stunning Raspberry Preserves, and Vanilla Shortbread from our friends at Rustic Bakery. Mix-and-match cheese & chocolate for a perfect bite!
This package serves up to 6 people and includes
- Mt. Tam (8 oz.) – Cowgirl Creamery’s signature cheese that coats your tongue with a rich, buttery flavor that carries an earthy hint of white mushrooms
- Wagon Wheel (6 oz.)- A delightfully supple cheese with a mild tartness balanced beautifully with rich notes of brown butter and cream
- Dark Chocolate Wildflower Honeycomb (6 oz.) – Candy honeycomb enrobed in rich dark chocolate, these chocolate-dipped treasures pair well with nutty-aged cheese.
- Cowgirl Creamery Chocolate Bar (2.5 oz.) – Made with 74% organic cacao, this bittersweet chocolate bar has notes of dried fruit with balanced brightness.
- Vanilla Shortbread (4 oz.) – Crunchy, buttery shortbread from our Petaluma neighbors. Excellent topped with preserves and cheese.
- Raspberry Rose Jam (6 oz.) – Lush, tart red raspberries combined with a touch of floral rose for this stunning, cheese-loving accouterment.
- Mt. Tam – Organic Pasteurized Cow’s Milk, Organic Pasteurized Cream, Salt, Cultures, Enzymes.
- Wagon Wheel – Organic Pasteurized Milk, Salt, Cultures, and Rennet.
- Cowgirl Chocolate – Organic Cacao Beans, Organic Evaporated Cane Sugar, Organic Cocoa Butter, Sunflower Lecithin.
- Dark Chocolate Wildflower Honeycomb – Bittersweet Chocolate, Wildflower Honey, Cane Sugar, Glucose, Baking Soda.
- Vanilla Shortbread- Unbleached Enriched Wheat Flour, Butter, Cane Sugar, Vanilla Extract, Vanilla, Sea Salt.
- Raspberry Rose Jam – Raspberries, Cane Sugar, Lemon Juice, Pectin and Rose Oil
Instructions / Storage
- Cheeses ship with gel packs, gel packs may thaw in transit
- Expect cheese to arrive at room temperature
- Upon arrival please refrigerate
- Cheese is stable at room temperature, however, it is best stored in the refrigerator
- For optimum enjoyment, please enjoy your cheese within 1-2 weeks. Soft cheeses should be enjoyed sooner
- Chocolate can be stored in a cool, dry place at 70º or less for up to 1 year.
- Remove your cheese from the refrigerator at least an hour before serving, unwrap it, and place it on a cheese board or butcher paper
- Cover with an inverted bowl. This allows the cheese to breathe and protect it while it comes to room temperature.
There is Mold on My Cheese!
- Traditional cheeses are often made with natural rinds that display a variety of colorful molds and bumpy textures. These rinds protect the cheese as it ages while contributing to its unique flavor profile
- Bacteria and mold are essential components of cheese. When cut and wrapped, molds and surface oils can develop on the face of the cheese. Simply scrape the surface with a knife to remove before serving.
- Cowgirl Creamery ships Monday – Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.