A classic holiday favorite highlighting indigenous ingredients Gulf shrimp, mirliton (part of the squash family, known elsewhere as chayote), smoked ham, aromatic trinity and ripped local Leidenheimer bread. Thanksgiving Day at Commander’s Palace fills to the brim with celebration. We host a lot of the same families year after year, as we have become a family tradition to so many of our neighbors. Holidays are always such an exciting time where music, joy and laughter fill the air of the dining rooms. Festive food and true genuine hospitality is a celebration of the spirit of Thanksgiving. Out of the Haute Creole kitchen of Commander’s Palace you can adorn your table with some of our Thanksgiving favorites. Also, found in Commander’s Kitchen and The Wild Side Cookbooks.
Nestled in the heart of New Orleans’ tree-lined Garden District, Commander’s Palace has been serving legendary Haute Creole cuisine since 1893. Emeril Lagasse, Paul Prudhomme, Jamie Shannon, Tory McPhail, and now Meg Bickford are just some of the chefs who have commanded the kitchen over the years. This New Orleans restaurant, known for its garlic bread, turtle soup, and seafood gumbo, is the winner of seven James Beard Foundation Awards.
This package serves 4 people and includes Shrimp & Mirliton Dressing (32 oz.)
- Shrimp & Mirliton Dressing – Shellfish, mirlitons, onions, celery, bell peppers, bread, shellfish stock, ham, bacon, herbs Allergens: Gluten, Soy, Shellfish, Sesame, pork
Instructions / Storage
- Product ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival remove packaging and place in the fridge or freezer
- May be kept refrigerated for up to 2 days or frozen for up to 3 months
- If you plan to enjoy the within 1-2 days, store in the refrigerator upon arrival. You’ll need to make sure contents are thawed all the way through before cooking to serve.
Shrimp & Mirliton Dressing
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Bake dressing covered for 45 minutes in the oven in the container provided
- Uncover and stir the dressing gently to make sure it is heating evenly throughout
- Cover again and bake until desired temperature (185*F) is reached.
- Serve while hot and enjoy!
- Commander’s Palace ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.