Lobster & Pork Fried Rice Kit for 8-10
This is some seriously elevated DIY fried rice! It’s packed with stir-fried tender lobster, pork, zucchini, edamame, and aromatics, tossed in a delicious housemade fried rice sauce, and finished with scallions and toasted sesame seeds!
We don’t toss around the term “OG” lightly, but Ming Tsai definitely fits the bill! The chef, restaurateur, and TV host first introduced us to his unique style of East-meets-West cooking back in 1998, as host of the fittingly-titled Food Network show “East Meets West.” That year, he also opened his first restaurant, Blue Ginger, in Wellesley, Massachusetts, which was a James Beard Award nominee for Best New Restaurant. Since then, Tsai has gone on to host PBS’ Emmy-winning, long-running “Simply Ming,” he’s published five cookbooks, his Boston gastropub Blue Dragon was named one of Esquire’s Best New Restaurants, and — oh, yeah — he picked up a James Beard Award for Best Chef: Northeast!
Chopsticks not included.
This package serves 8-10 people and includes
- Cooked Lobster Meat (16 oz.)
- Raw Marinated Ground Pork (12 oz.)
- Cooked Rice (30 oz.)
- Shelled Edamame (8 oz.)
- Zucchini, Whole (10 oz.)
- Fried Rice Sauce (8 oz.)
- Scallions (3 oz.)
- Whole Garlic Cloves (1.5 oz.)
- Ginger (1 oz.)
- Toasted Sesame Seeds (1 oz.)
- Kit requires cooking
- Marinated Pork – Ground Pork, Garlic, Ginger, Oyster Sauce (Water, Sugar, Salt, Oyster Juice, Soy Sauce [Water, Soybeans, Wheat, Salt], Caramel Color, Citric Acid), Tamari (Water Soybeans, Salt, Alcohol)
- Cooked Rice – Brown Rice, White Rice, Canola Oil, Water
- Fried Rice Sauce – Tamari (Water Soybeans, Salt, Alcohol), Oyster Sauce ((Water, Sugar, Salt, Oyster Juice, Soy Sauce [Water, Soybeans, Wheat, Salt], Caramel Color, Citric Acid), Sriracha (Chili, Sugar, Salt, Garlic, Acetic Acid, Potassium Sorbate and Sodium Bisulfite, Xanthan Gum), Rice Wine Vinegar (Sugar, Natural flavor, Dextrose, Salt, Potassium Metabisulfite)
- Sesame Seeds
Contains Soy, Wheat, Gluten, Shellfish, Sesame.
Instructions / Storage
- Pork, edamame, rice, and lobster ship frozen with ice packs, may thaw during transit.
- Remaining items ship fresh with ice packs, may thaw during transit.
- Upon arrival, store lobster, pork, edamame, and rice in the refrigerator or in the freezer.
- Upon arrival, store sesame seeds at room temperature.
- Upon arrival, store remaining items in the refrigerator.
- Lobster and pork last up to 1 day in the refrigerator or up to 3 weeks in the freezer.
- Edamame and rice last up to 5 days in the refrigerator or up to 1 month in the freezer.
- Sesame seeds last up to 1 month at room temperature.
- Remaining items last up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Mince garlic and ginger.
- Chop scallions, keeping whites and greens separate.
- Quarter, then slice zucchini (about ¼” thick).
- Chop lobster into bite-sized chunks.
- Microwave house rice in a bowl for 2 minutes to warm through.
- In a small sauté pan, brown 4 tablespoons of butter (not included) over medium-low heat, stirring frequently to prevent burning. After about 5-6 minutes, the solids should turn golden brown and smell nutty and toasted.
- Add half of the minced garlic, ginger, and scallion whites to the butter, season with salt and pepper, and stir immediately until the foam subsides and aromatics are fragrant (approx. 30 seconds).
- After about 2 min of cooking, add chopped lobster, stir, and keep warm on very low heat.
- Heat a wok or large sauté pan over high heat.
- While the pan is preheating, crack 4-6 eggs (not included) into a bowl and beat well until combined.
- Once the pan is smoking, drizzle enough cooking oil to fill the bottom of the pan by ⅛.
- Add egg mixture and scramble for about 20-30 seconds or until just cooked through.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add ground pork into the hot pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Using a wooden spatula, break the pork up into smaller pieces and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until nicely browned, then transfer to a plate.
- Add scallion whites to the pan, followed by remaining garlic, ginger, and quartered zucchini.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir-fry until zucchini begins to soften.
- Add cooked pork, egg, edamame, house rice, and fried rice sauce into the wok. Stir-fry until evenly incorporated. Remove from heat and transfer to a large serving platter.
- Top rice with warmed lobster and drizzle with remaining brown butter.
- Garnish with scallion greens, toasted sesame seeds, and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Chef Ming Tsai ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.