Say “hasta luego” to regular steak dinners and “hola” to the Txuletón experience! Chef José Andrés sources this five-pound Wagyu ribeye (a cut you’ll traditionally find in Basque country) from meat guru Pat LaFrieda. Beautifully marbled and dry-aged for 60 days, this gorgeous steak is truly something special. On the side, a crisp salad adds a touch of Spanish flair to your next steak night: Think gem lettuce, spring onions, smoky confit piquillo peppers for just the right amount of sweetness, and a sherry vinaigrette made with Spanish extra virgin olive oil.
Not only has José Andrés done more than just about anyone else to introduce Americans to Spanish cuisine, the James Beard Award-winning chef is also a tireless advocate for immigration reform, New York Times bestselling author, educator, television personality, humanitarian, and founder of World Central Kitchen, a nonprofit that notably served over 3.6 million meals to the people of Puerto Rico following Hurricane Maria and has since delivered more than 60 million meals to people in need in the wake of natural disasters, humanitarian crises, and the COVID-19 pandemic. Since emigrating to America at age 21, Andrés has opened a stunning array of more than 30 restaurants, from traditional tapas joints (Jaleo) to a sprawling Spanish food hall (NYC’s Mercado Little Spain) to a two Michelin Star tasting counter (DC’s minibar by José Andrés). Chef José Andrés’ most iconic dishes are now shipping nationwide!
This package serves 6 people and includes
- 2 Black Angus Ribeye (each 2.2 lbs.)
- “Ensalada de Cogollos y Cebolleta” Salad
- 15 Confit Piquillo Peppers (each 1 oz.)
- 4 heads Gem Lettuce (each 5 oz.)
- Sherry Dressing (6 oz.)
- 2 Spring Onions
- Black Angus Ribeye
- Confit Piquillo Peppers
- Gem Lettuce
- Sherry Dressing – Olive Oil, Sherry Vinegar
- Spring Onions
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, place all contents in the refrigerator for up to 5 days
- Remove the Ribeye from the plastic bag and use paper towel to dry the meat from excess moisture.
- Preheat a pan or turn on the grill if you have one, add some vegetable oil to the meat (olive oil preferred if possible) and place the meat on the hot pan or hot grill.
- Cook for about 5 minutes per side, or longer, depending on your preferred temperature.
- Take out the piece of meat from the heat and season with sea salt
- Let the meat rest 5 minutes before slicing so you don’t lose all the juices
- Remove the stem of the gem lettuces with a knife
- Slice each gem lettuce into 4 pieces
- Julienne the spring onions
- Season with salt and sherry dressing
- Remove the confit piquillo peppers from the bag and spread them on a plate
Chef Tip: Take one piece of dressed gem lettuce and place a piquillo pepper on top before adding a slice of grilled ribeye. It’s the perfect bite!Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- Chef José Andrés ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.