Sure, you’ve had cheesecake, but have you tried Basque cheesecake!? This impossibly decadent dessert (an absolute must-order at chef José Andrés’ Mercado Little Spain) is baked at a high temperature for a golden exterior and a smooth, creamy center. After you taste its nutty caramel notes, you may never go back to regular cheesecake again.
Not only has José Andrés done more than just about anyone else to introduce Americans to Spanish cuisine, the James Beard Award-winning chef is also a tireless advocate for immigration reform, New York Times bestselling author, educator, television personality, humanitarian, and founder of World Central Kitchen, a nonprofit that notably served over 3.6 million meals to the people of Puerto Rico following Hurricane Maria and has since delivered more than 60 million meals to people in need in the wake of natural disasters, humanitarian crises, and the COVID-19 pandemic. Since emigrating to America at age 21, Andrés has opened a stunning array of more than 30 restaurants, from traditional tapas joints (Jaleo) to a sprawling Spanish food hall (NYC’s Mercado Little Spain) to a two Michelin Star tasting counter (DC’s minibar by José Andrés). Chef José Andrés’ most iconic dishes are now shipping nationwide!
This package serves 12 people and includes 1 Burnt Basque Cheesecake (10")
- Each cheesecake weighs 4 lbs.
- Burnt Basque Cheesecake – Goat Cheese, Cream Cheese, Heavy Cream, Sugar, Eggs, Vegetable Oil
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, place cheesecake in the refrigerator for up to 4 days
- We recommend slicing the cake while it is still cold, but to eat it at room temperature.
- It takes 3 hours for the cake to get to room temperature, so we suggest removing the cake from the refrigerator 3 hours before enjoying, slice it and then set aside at room temp until you’re ready to eat it.
- For proper slicing, heat water and place it in a tall jar, put the knife’s blade in the hot water for a few seconds, then dry the edge and slice the cake. Heat, dry and slice anytime you introduce the knife into the cake.
- Chef tip: If you have leftovers you can freeze them and add milk to get the most incredible, amazing cheesecake shake ever!
- Chef José Andrés ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.