This is some serious fine dining! To make this elegant holiday dish, leg of lamb is slowly braised with herbs, aromatics, and Argentinian malbec for over seven hours, until tender and falling apart. It comes with lamb jus and gremolata, with smashed potatoes as an elegant side dish. For dessert, enjoy Francis Mallman’s signature Four-Hour Grilled Pineapple transformed into a delicate fruit-filled eight-inch cake! Layers of thinly-sliced grilled pineapples are baked in their own juices and topped with moist, delicate, sweet buttery pound cake. Warm it up and enjoy with a scoop of mascarpone cheese or vanilla ice cream!
Chef Francis Mallmann is synonymous with Argentinian cuisine. In fact, he’s South America’s most famous celebrity chef! The chef, TV host, and cookbook author is perhaps the world’s most renowned ambassador of traditional Patagonian-style open-fire barbecue, and he owns several restaurants in his native Argentina along with ones as far-flung as Uruguay, Miami Beach, and Aix-en-Provence, France. Mallmann famously hangs and slow-cooks meat over a raging fire, a traditional gaucho technique that was the focal point of his featured episode of Netflix’s acclaimed “Chef’s Table.”
This package serves 6-8 people and includes
- 2 pieces of Boneless Lamb Roulade (each 25 oz.)
- Lamb Jus (16 oz.)
- 10 Smashed Potatoes
- Gremolata (16 oz.)
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Each cake measures 8"
- Braised Lamb – Leg of Lamb, Pepper Coarse, Salt Coarse, Rosemary, Parsley, Garlic, Olive Oil, Vegetable Oil, Onion, Celery, Carrot, Leeks, Fennel, Peppercorn Whole Black, Bay Leaf, Red Wine
- Lamb Cooking Jus – Onion, Celery, Carrot, Leeks, Fennel, Peppercorn Whole Black, Bay Leaf, Red Wine, Modified Food Starch
- Smashed Potato – Red Bliss Potato, Red Wine Vinegar, Oil Vegetable, Bay Leaf, Peppercorn Whole Black, Salt Coarse
- Gremolata – Parsley, Oregano, Lemon Zest, Lemon Juice, Honey, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Salt Coarse, Pepper Black Coarse, Almonds Sliced, Mint
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake – Pineapples, Flour, Sugar, Butter, Eggs, Milk, Salt, Vanilla, Lemon Juice
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit.
- Upon arrival Lamb may be kept frozen for up to 30 days or in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Upon arrival, store cake in the refrigerator or in the freezer.
- Cake lasts up to 3 days in the refrigerator or up to 2 months in the freezer.
- Gremolata and Lamb Jus may be stored in a fridge for up to 2 weeks in the original vacuum-sealed package.
- Potatoes may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Freezing the potatoes is not recommended.
Lamb: Oven Method
- Defrost in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Remove lamb roulade from the packaging and then gently remove from plastic wrap.
- Gently place in aluminum foil, wrapping it fully around the lamb.
- Place the wrapped lamb in a baking dish, add 2 cups of water directly into the bottom of the dish to prevent scorching.
- Place the lamb into the oven and reheat for approximately 30-45 minutes until the internal temperature is 165°F.
- Once the lamb hits 165°F, remove from the oven and rest for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, warm the Lamb Jus in a small sauce pot on low heat.
- Using oven mitts, transfer to a serving dish and remove the aluminum foil, letting the lamb spill out onto the platter.
- Serve with warmed Lamb Jus, top with Gremolata.
- Put the potatoes on a clean board, plate or tray on a counter and spoon approximately 1⁄4 cup of olive oil over the potatoes
- Heat a chapa or a cast iron griddle over medium – low heat until a drop of water sizzles on the surface
- Place the potatoes oiled side down, and cook until they are crisp on the first side
- Using a spatula, apply slight pressure to further flatten the potatoes, ensuring they don’t
- Turn the potatoes and cook on the other side until crisp
- Place on a tray for serving
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Thaw cake for 1-2 hours at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake cake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven.
- Place a plate inverted on top of the warm cake.
- Hold tight and flip the cake and plate over to invert the cake onto the cake plate (if any pineapples stick to the cake pan, remove from the pan and place on top of the cake).
- Slice and serve with a scoop of mascarpone cheese or vanilla ice cream (not included).
- Chef Francis Mallmann ships Tuesday & Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.