These pit beef sandwiches are the best of the best! Roast beef prepared over a charcoal fire, sliced thin, topped with horseradish “Tiger Sauce”, BBQ sauce, onions, pickles and all on a potato roll.
It all started in 1987, when Gus Glava gave his daughter, Donna, and son-in-law, Bob, a pit beef stand as a wedding gift. Gus knew Bob loved to cook and wanted the newlyweds to start married life having a business of their own. Chaps Pit Beef began as a 12’ by 15’ shack serving up charcoal-grilled beef sandwiches but has grown into a Baltimore icon and one of the most beloved and visited restaurants in all of Baltimore. Chaps Pit Beef’s charcoal-grilled roast beef sandwiches are a true Baltimore regional specialty, and they’ve been featured on “Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives;” it was also Guy Fieri’s choice for "The Best Thing I Ever Ate.” Chaps has also been featured on “Man v. Food” with Adam Richman and on Anthony Bourdain’s “No Reservations.”
This package serves 12 people and includes:
- 3 lbs. Sliced Pit Beef
- 10 oz. BBQ Sauce
- 10 oz. Tiger Sauce
- 10 oz. pickle chips
- 10 oz. sliced onions
- 12 Potato Buns
Contains: Beef, Dairy.
Instructions / Storage
- Pit Beef Sandwich Kits ships with ice packs, ice packs may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, store the meat and toppings in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Buns should be kept at room temperature.
- To serve, allow the meat to come to room temperature, or reheat in a pan on medium-low heat for 1-2 min with a little water until warm
- Assemble sandwich and enjoy
- Chap’s Pit Beef ships Monday and Wednesday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping.
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.