These pit sandwiches are the best of the best! Roast beef, turkey, or ham prepared over a charcoal fire, sliced thin, topped with horseradish “Tiger Sauce”, BBQ sauce, onions, pickles and all on a potato roll.
In all started in 1987 when Gus Glava gave his daughter, Donna, and son in law, Bob a pit beef stand as a wedding gift. Gus knew Bob loved to cook and wanted the newlyweds to start married life having a business of their own that they loved. Chap’s Pit Beef began as a 12’ by 15’ shack serving up charcoal-grilled beef sandwiches but with Donna “manager” and she describes Bob as a “worker” Chap’s has grown into a Baltimore icon. Their charcoal-grilled roast beef sandwiches have been featured on “Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives” as Guy Fieri’s favorite sandwich, and as one of the Food Network’s “Top Favorite Places to Eat.”
This package serves 16 people and includes:
- 4 lbs of your choice of sliced pit meat: beef, turkey, or ham
- 12 oz. BBQ Sauce
- 12 oz. Tiger Sauce
- 12 oz. pickle chips
- 12 oz. sliced onions
- 16 Potato Buns
Contains: Beef, pork, turkey, Dairy.
Instructions / Storage
- Pit Sandwich Kits ship with ice packs, ice packs may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, store the meat and toppings in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Buns should be kept at room temperature.
- To serve, allow the meat to come to room temperature, or reheat in a pan on medium-low heat for 1-2 min with a little water until warm
- Assemble sandwich and enjoy
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Chap’s Pit Beef ships Monday and Wednesday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping.
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.