A lightly spiced, fluffy Christmas cake filled with fruit and nuts. Bolo Rei or Portuguese Kings Cake is a specialty in Portugal. The great thing about Kings Cake is the lightness of the cake, it’s not heavy like a traditional English fruit or Christmas cake, it’s more on the side of sweet bread with delicately spiced flavor.
What started in 1991 as a boutique bakeshop in Manhattan has become the gourmet go-to for connoisseurs seeking authentic French pastries. Named by New York magazine as the source for “impossibly delicious” pastries, including croissants deemed the best in New York by Serious Eats, Ceci-Cela Patisserie is a true labor of love by French master chef Laurent Dupal in partnership with celebrated restaurateur Georges Forgeois. A French-born and trained pastry chef with unmatched talent, technique, and work ethic, Dupal bakes French pastries like pain au chocolat, chausson aux pommes, and pain aux raisins with the finest ingredients, including high-fat butter, which lends incredible elasticity and richness to all of his beloved baked goods.
This package serves 6-8 people and includes a Christmas Spiced Bolo Rei
- Each Galette des Rois measures 9"
Flour, Granulated Sugar, Eggs, Candied Fruit, Dried Fruit, Liquor
Instructions / Storage
- Pastries are shipped fresh and arrive ready to enjoy
- Upon arrival, enjoy within 1 day or place in the freezer to serve later. Pastries can be stored in the freezer for up to 1 month in a sealed bag.
- Ceci-Cela Patisserie ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.