Called the “Most Famous Deli in the United States” by USA Today, Carnegie Deli serves what many believe to be the best pastrami and corned beef sandwiches in a city filled with deli sandwiches. This kit includes all you need to enjoy a full Carnegie Deli meal in the comfort of your own home.
Our dinner for 8 includes your choice of our premium, famous pastrami or corned beef (or both)! There’s enough meat for eight 6-ounce sandwiches, and each kit also comes with 16 slices of Carnegie rye bread, two containers of their legendary mustard, their potato knishes and a jar of their pickles, as well as an entire creamy cheesecake for dessert. This package is a complete meal and a classic taste of New York at its finest.
Each Carnegie Dinner for 8 includes:
- 3 lbs. sliced pastrami or sliced corned beef brisket
- 16 slices of rye bread
- 2 containers of Mustard (9 oz. each)
- 4 Potato Knishes (1/2 lb. each)
- 1 jar of Pickles (32 oz.)
- 1 Plain Cheesecake (8 in.)
Pastrami: Beef, Water, Salt, Sodium Phosphate, Sugar, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite, Natural Flavors. Coated With: Spices, Caramel Color, Paprika.
Corned Beef: Beef, Water, Salt, Sodium Phosphate, Sugar, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite, Natural Flavors. Coated With: Spices, Mustard Seed, Natural Flavor.
Instructions / Storage
- Carnegie Deli’s dinner kit is made fresh, vacuum sealed, frozen and shipped with ice packs that may thaw partially or fully during transit. Meats arrive fully cooked and sliced.
- Upon arrival, place the package in the refrigerator or freezer.
- To serve, allow meat to thaw if frozen and follow the reheating instructions below.
- Deli meats can be stored in their original packaging in the refrigerator for up to 3 months and in the freezer for up to 6 months. Once opened, keep within the refrigerator and serve within 3 days.
- Knishes can be stored in the refrigerator out of the protective package for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 1 year.
- Cheesecakes can be stored in the refrigerator out of the protective package (preferably in an airtight container) for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Your cake can also be portioned and refrozen. This should be done immediately upon receipt. Portion cake and pack in an airtight container or wrap to protect against freezer burn.
Heating Instructions for Meats
- If frozen, thaw meat overnight. Do not thaw in the microwave or out of refrigeration. DO NOT REMOVE FROM PLASTIC PACKAGING.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan or pot large enough to submerge entire meat package.
- Submerge entire package in boiling water and cover with lid. Reduce stovetop to medium heat.
- Allow corned beef to heat for 12-14 minutes and allow pastrami to heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove entire package with tongs and set package into a bowl or onto a plate.
- Slice open package and transfer meat to serving plate.
Heating Instructions for Knishes
- FROM FROZEN Heat the oven to 375 F. Place frozen knish onto a baking sheet and
heat for 35 to 40 minutes or until the knish has started to split and is golden brown.*
- FROM THAWED Heat the oven to 350 F. Place thawed knish onto a baking sheet and
heat for 13 to 15 min*
*Bake times may vary.
Serving Instructions for Cheesecake
- If thawing or for refrigeration storage, remove cheesecake from the protective package.
- Allow cheesecake to thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then at room temperature for 3 to 4 hours before serving for the best eating experience.
- To slice, first dip your knife in a bain of hot water. Wipe knife with a paper towel, slice, and repeat!
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Carnegie Deli ships Monday through Friday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via overnight will incur an additional $35 charge. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.