You’re invited to join us for our latest Goldbelly LIVE! cook-along: holiday cake-decorating with Buddy Valastro of Carlo’s Bakery (aka the Cake Boss himself!) along with Goldbelly Founder & CEO Joe Ariel. Buddy & his team at Carlo’s, the legendary New Jersey bakery, have created the perfect Holiday Cake Kit featuring everyone’s favorite red-nosed reindeer. Gather your whole fam in the kitchen for this cake-along—the super family-friendly class is fun for kids “from 1 to 92!”
The DIY Holiday Cake Kit includes two 6-inch black and white fudge cakes iced in brown buttercream, along with all of the fondant & additional buttercream you need to bring this cake to life. AND, you can add on 1-2 more cakes, depending on how many elves will be in your kitchen for the cook-along!
Here’s How it Works:
– Order your DIY Holiday Cake Kit before Monday, December 14 at 11PM ET.
– By placing an order, you will automatically be enrolled in the exclusive Zoom event.
– On Thursday, December 17, you’ll receive an email with all the info you’ll need to join the Zoom event.
– At 6 PM ET on Friday, December 18, join Buddy & Joe on Zoom for the Goldbelly LIVE! cake-decorating class!
A limited number of seats are available, and they’re expected to fill up quickly. Order your DIY Holiday Cake Kit today!
For more details, head to the Goldbelly Blog!
Limited Edition: This Holiday Cake Kit includes a FREE Goldbelly LIVE! Cake-Decorating Class with the Cake Boss himself, Buddy Valastro, and Goldbelly CEO Joe Ariel! First Come, First Served!
This kit comes in 3 sizes: 2 cakes, 3 cakes, or 4 cakes:
- 2 Black & White Fudge Cakes (each 6")
- 2 oz. Brown Fondant
- 2 oz. Red Fondant
- 2 oz. White Fondant
- 6 oz. Dark Chocolate Brown Buttercream (in a piping bag)
- 6 oz. Brown Buttercream (in a piping bag)
- 4 oz. Green Buttercream (in a piping bag)
- 4 Lollipop Sticks
- 2 Chocolate Transfer Sheets
- 2 Sheets Parchment Paper
- 3 Black & White Fudge Cakes (each 6")
- 4 oz. Brown Fondant
- 4 oz. Red Fondant
- 4 oz. White Fondant
- 9 oz. Dark Chocolate Brown Buttercream (in a piping bag)
- 9 oz. Brown Buttercream (in a piping bag)
- 6 oz. Green Buttercream (in a piping bag)
- 6 Lollipop Sticks
- 3 Chocolate Transfer Sheets
- 3 Sheets Parchment Paper
- 4 Black & White Fudge Cakes (each 6")
- 4 oz. Brown Fondant
- 4 oz. Red Fondant
- 4 oz. White Fondant
- 12 oz. Dark Chocolate Brown Buttercream (in a piping bag)
- 12 oz. Brown Buttercream (in a piping bag)
- 8 oz. Green Buttercream (in a piping bag)
- 8 Lollipop Sticks
- 4 Chocolate Transfer Sheets
- 4 Sheets Parchment Paper
You Will Need
For the Cake-Decorating Class
A fork, spoon, and knife to to bring your cake to life!
May contain Eggs, Milk, Nuts, Soy, Wheat
Instructions / Storage
- Cakes ship frozen with dry ice, may thaw in transit
- Do not remove dry ice with bare hands
- Remove shrink wrap and paper collar while cake is still frozen
- To serve, leave at room temperature for around 3 hours
- Fondant may be kept at room temperature
- If not serving immediately, store in the refrigerator for up to 72 hours
- Pull cake out of the fridge 2 hours prior to decorating
- When serving, be sure to wipe your knife between cuts to remove excess crumbs and icing
- For an extra smooth cut, run your knife under hot water between cuts for the perfect slice
Before you start
- Prep your work area with a little cornstarch to stop your fondant from sticking.
- Make sure you have your fondant, utensils (fork, knife & spoon), & a little water.
- Knead out your fondant.
Make the Antlers for the Reindeer
- Place the bag of dark chocolate in the microwave and melt it in 20-30 second increments until fully melted in the bag.
- Cut parchment paper in half along the fold and placed on top of the stencil provided in your kit.
- You should be able to clearly see the stencil through the parchment paper.
- Cut a 1⁄4” off the tip of the piping bag that contains your melted chocolate.
- Pipe a line down the middle of each antler stencil and stick one lollipop stick to the chocolate. Once the lollipop stick is centered, continue to pipe the chocolate on top of the parchment paper following the stencil pattern to create your antlers. You can use the tip of the piping bag itself to smooth out the chocolate until you are satisfied with the texture of the antlers.
- Place the parchment paper with the antlers into your freezer until you are ready to use.
Make the Ears for the Reindeer
- Take 3⁄4 of the brown fondant provided and divide into 2 equal sized pieces. (save the remaining brown fondant for the eyes later on)
- Roll each piece into a teardrop shape.
- Use your pinkie finger to indent the center of each ear and create the ear shape to your liking.
- Take a small piece of white fondant (one per ear) and, using the same technique, create the center of the ear.
- Stick white fondant to the center of the brown ear using a small amount of water.
Make the Nose
- Use 3⁄4 of the red fondant provided and roll into a ball to form the reindeer’s nose. Set aside.
Make the Eyes (Open eyes version)
- Divide the white fondant you have into 2 equal pieces.
- Reserve a small amount of white fondant for the centers of the eyes and ears which will be made later.
- Flatten each piece with your hand until it is approximately 1⁄8” – 1⁄4” thick. Cut out oval shapes to form the eyes (approximately 2-3”).
- Take a 1⁄4 of the brown fondant provided and divide into 2 equal pieces.
- Flatten each piece with your hand until it is approximately 1⁄8”-1⁄4” thick. Cut out circle shapes that fit inside of the white ovals you made earlier.
- Attach the brown circle to the bottom half of the white oval to create the eyes.
- Roll 2 very small balls of white fondant and attach it to the top of each of the brown circles to create an accent inside the eyes.
Make the Eyes (Closed eyes version)
- Using the remaining brown fondant, divide into two equal pieces.
- Taking one piece at a time, roll into a snake that is tapered at both ends.
- These should be approximately 4” long. Cut any excess off and use as eyelashes during assembly.
- Remove the thawed cake from the refrigerator.
- Place eyes onto the front of your cake about an inch from the top edge. The eyes should be arched and can be accented with eyelashes.
- Place the nose directly in the center of the front of the cake (using a small amount of buttercream to make it stick if necessary) below the eyes.
- Using the brown buttercream piping bag provided, pipe dollops down the center of the top of the cake to create a “mane.”
- Place the ears onto the top of the cake (about an 1” from the edge).
- Remove the antlers from the freezer and stick the exposed lollipop sticks into the top of the cake (just behind the ears).
- To finish the design, use the green buttercream bag provided and cut a “V” shape out of the tip. This will create a leaf shape when piping your border. Pipe a leaf border all the way around the base of the cake. Using the small amount of red fondant leftover from the nose, roll tiny balls to represent the holly berries and place them randomly around the border. You can also add leaves and holly berries into the mane.
- Carlo’s Bakery ships Monday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.