Limited Edition: This DIY Frankenstein Kit includes a FREE Goldbelly Live! Cake-Decorating Class with the Cake Boss, Buddy Valastro, and Goldbelly CEO, Joe Ariel! First Come, First Served!
You’re invited to join us for our latest Goldbelly Live! event: Halloween cake-decorating with Buddy Valastro of Carlo’s Bakery (the Cake Boss himself!) along with Goldbelly CEO Joe Ariel. Buddy & his team at Carlo’s, the legendary New Jersey bakery, have created the perfect Halloween Cake Kit for at-home decorating: a black & white cake with fudge, iced in green buttercream. It’s the perfect blank canvas for creating a spooky Frankenstein cake, and fun for the whole family!
The DIY Frankenstein Cake Kit includes two iced cakes and fondant. All you need is your creativity and some basic utensils (fork, spoon & knife) to bring this monstrous cake to life!
Here’s How it Works:
– Head to Goldbelly to order your DIY Frankenstein Cake Kit before Monday, October 26 at 11PM ET.
– By placing an order, you will automatically be enrolled in the exclusive Zoom event.
– On Thursday, October 29, you’ll receive an email with all the info you’ll need to join the Zoom event.
– At 6 PM ET on Friday, October 30, join Buddy & Joe on Zoom for the cake-decorating class!
A limited number of seats are available, and they’re expected to fill up quickly. Order your DIY Frankenstein Cake Kit today!
For more details, head to the Goldbelly Blog.
This package serves 12-16 people and includes:
- 4 Cakes (each 6")
- 2 Black fondant packs (4 oz.)
- 2 White fondant packs (2 oz.)
- 2 Green fondant packs (4 oz.)
You Will Need
For the Cake-Decorating Class
A fork, spoon, and knife to to bring your cake to life!
May contain Eggs, Milk, Nuts, Soy, Wheat
Instructions / Storage
- Cakes ship frozen with dry ice, may thaw in transit
- Do not remove dry ice with bare hands
- Remove shrink wrap and paper collar while cake is still frozen
- To serve, leave at room temperature for around 3 hours
- If not serving immediately, store in the refrigerator for up to 72 hours
- Pull cake out of the fridge 2 hours prior to decorating
- When serving, be sure to wipe your knife between cuts to remove excess crumbs and icing
- For an extra smooth cut, run your knife under hot water between cuts for the perfect slice
Before you start
- Prep your work area with a little cornstarch to stop your fondant from sticking.
- Make sure you have your fondant, utensils (fork, knife & spoon), & a little water.
- Knead out your white fondant.
- Roll two smallish balls and flatten them. These will be your eyes.
- Knead some black fondant
- Roll two even smaller balls and flatten them. These will be your pupils.
- Using the tip of your finger, wet the back of the eyeballs with just a little water and stick them to the cake.
- Start rolling out some “carrots” of black fondant. Roll a tube, and then taper one end. Make a bunch of these. These will be your Frankenstein’s hairs. Stick them on the head.
- Knead some green fondant.
- Roll out a long tube and attach it to the bottom of the front of the cake for a mouth.
- Make a nose out of green fondant. This can be as simple as a little ball, or as complicated as you want to go.
- From here, have a little fun! Use your remaining fondant to add eyebrows, ears, warts, eyelids, bolts, or other details. There are no wrong answers; your cake is supposed to be a MONSTER!
- IT’S ALIVE! Step back and admire!
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Carlo’s Bakery ships Monday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.