Choose your own Cape Cod Cafe’s Bar Pizzas!
In 1947, World War II veteran E. James Jamoulis bought the Cape Cod Cafe in Brockton, MA to support his young family. Like other local bars, he served up “bar pizza” a no-frills style of pizza developed by bar owners seeking to provide their patrons with an inexpensive meal. These 10" pies were always small enough to be eaten by one person, with a thin, biscuit-like crust and Jamoulis’s pizzas were such a hit that Cape Cod Cafe quickly became better known for their pizza than their drinks.
70 years later, Cape Cod Cafe is one of only two original Bar Pizza joints left, and third-generation owner Jeremy Jamoulis makes it clear they “take pride that the recipe is the same as it was in the early days.”
These bar pizzas are a slice of history and a culinary staple in Eastern Massachusetts, especially at summer BBQs when folks throw a few pies on the grill! Grilled pizza? If you haven’t tried it, you’re missing out.
This package serves 6-10 people and includes your choice of 6 Bar Pizzas
- Each Pizza measures 10"
Pizza Options Include
- Onion & Pepper
- Buffalo Chicken
Contains: Dairy, Gluten, Pork
Instructions / Storage
- Pizzas ship frozen with dry ice
- Do not remove dry ice with bare hands
- Upon arrival place pizzas in the freezer, may be kept frozen for up to 6 months
- Preheat oven to 325 and line middle shelf with tin foil
- Bake pizza for 8-10 minutes until done
- Alternatively, grill your pizzas!
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Cape Cod Cafe ships Monday & Thursday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.