One of the most sacred tenets of Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group is their devotion to the Farm-To-Table movement. While this is perhaps a new concept for Americans, it’s baked right into Italian cuisine. Caffe Marchio takes a selection apples from Samascott Orchards in Kinderhook, NY and makes them the belle of the ball in this crostata.
This apple crostata makes clear that the apples are the main event. Beautifully tiled and nestled into a hand-rolled, spiced pie crust basket, each bite of this open faced pie is a perfect balance of pure fruit flavor and warm pastry.
- Each package includes a 10" Apple Crostata
- Each Crostata serves 8-10 people
- This pie comes in a branded box. Perfect for a gift!
Flour, Butter, Salt, Sugar, Water, Lemon Juice, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Clove, Apple Cider, Market Apples, Corn Starch, Brown Sugar, Vanilla Extract, Vanilla Bean
Instructions / Storage
- Each crostata ships refrigerated with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- May be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days
- Before serving allow crostata to come up to room temperature
- Serving Tip Slice a desired size portion, serve warm or room temperature, indulge with a scoop of your favorite gelato or ice cream
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Caffe Marchio ships Monday – Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.