Buona Italian Beef ships its famous Italian beef nationwide on Goldbelly! Italian Beef Sandwiches are as synonymous with Chicago as any food can be and for as long as they’ve been a part of the Windy City, the Buona family’s been a part of making them. Buona, The Official Italian Beef of Chicago Sports, starts with lean all-natural choice sirloin which is seasoned with Italian spices, seared at high heat, and then slow-roasted for hours to produce their famous gravy. It is then hand-sliced thinly, layered on Italian bread, and topped with Chicago’s finest extras: peppers, giardiniera, cheese, red sauce, or extra gravy — however you like it! This kit also includes 2 quarts of The Original Rainbow Cone ice cream for dessert.
While the first Buona Italian Beef restaurant opened in 1981, the Buona family has been a part of Chicago’s iconic Italian Beef sandwich business since the early 1900’s. Founded by Joe Buonavolanto, Buona is the last remaining 100% family-owned Italian beef restaurant in Chicago. The family’s original Italian beef recipe has not changed for three generations. Buona is the Official Italian Beef of the Chicago Cubs and the Chicago White Sox, and Buona’s Italian beef sandwiches are served at Chicago Bears games.
This kit serves 16 people and includes:
- Two 4 lb. container of Italian Beef & Gravy
- 16 French Rolls (each 5 inch)
- 1 Jar of Giardiniera Peppers (16 oz.)
- Storage and heating instructions
- 2 Qts. Original Rainbow Cone Ice Cream
Beef & Gravy – Beef Gravy (Beef Drippings, Water, Natural Flavors, Spices), Seasoned Beef (Beef, Water, Salt)
Giardiniera Peppers – Peppers, 100% Vegetable & Olive Oil, Celery, Carrots, Olives, Cauliflower, 1/10 1% sodium benzoate (to preserve flavor), Natural Seasonings & Spices
Deep Dish Cheese Pizzas
Original Rainbow Cone Ice Cream
Instructions / Storage
- Items ship frozen with dry ice, may dissipate during transit.
- Do not remove dry ice with bare hands.
- Upon arrival, place sandwich kit items in the refrigerator or in the freezer.
- Upon arrival, place ice cream in the freezer.
- Beef & gravy last up to 1 week in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Peppers last up to 3 months in the refrigerator.
- Rolls last up to 3 days in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Thaw beef and gravy for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
- Pour thawed beef and gravy into a large saucepan and heat over medium for 5 minutes, or until internal temperature is 165°F (stir occasionally and do not allow beef to come to a boil).
Microwave – From Thawed
- Pour thawed beef and gravy into a microwave-safe container and heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and stir contents.
- Microwave again for 1-2 more minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F (reduce heat time for smaller portions).
- Remove from microwave and stir well.
Microwave – From Frozen
- Place frozen contents into a microwaveable container and thaw on defrost cycle for approx. 10 minutes (defrost time may differ depending on microwave).
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove from microwave and stir well.
Assembling Your Sandwich
- Place 4-6 forkfuls of beef on a French roll, allowing gravy to soak into bread (for a juicier sandwich, dip both ends of bread or the entire sandwich into the gravy).
- Top with hot giardiniera if desired and enjoy!
- Buona Beef ships Monday through Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.