Take your pick from a variety of Broders’ legendary housemade pastas, along with your choice of sauce!
Back in 1981, Molly and Thomas Broder took an inspirational trip to the culinary capital of Bologna, Italy, and they returned to the States with a goal of bringing authentic Italian food and fresh-made pasta to Minneapolis. The following year, they opened Broders’ Cucina Italiana, and since then (along with additional restaurants, including a nearby “pasta bar”) it’s become a cornerstone of the community, and one of the very best Italian restaurants and markets in America.
This package serves 4 people and includes:
- 2 lbs. of Pasta, Your Choice
- 2 Pts. of Sauce, Your Choice
Pasta Options Include
- Fettuccine – Broders’ house-made egg Fettuccine is flat, medium-width cut of egg pasta with your choice of sauce.
- Linguine – Broders’ house-made egg Linguine is flat, thin-width cut of egg pasta with your choice of sauce.
- Stringozzi – Broders’ house-made Stringozzi is as egg-less pasta noodle with your choice of sauce.
Sauce Options Include
- Bolognese – Classic house Bolognese sauce. Bolognese is a slow simmered meat ragu from Bologna in Emilia Romagna.
- Sugo Betti – Classic house tomato sauce, sugo Betti. This recipe is a slow simmered tomato sauce that came from our close friend Ray Betti’s family heritage.
- Alfredo – Broders’ house-made alfredo cream sauce. Alfredo is an American-Italian traditional cream sauce with lemon and garlic.
- Fettuccine – Egg Pasta (Egg, Durum Wheat Flour, Water)
- Linguine – Egg Pasta (Egg, Durum Wheat Flour, Water)
- Stringozzi – Pasta (Durum Wheat Flour, Water)
- Bolognese – Bolognese (Whole Tomatoes (Vine Ripened Fresh Plum Tomatoes, Tomato Juice, Fresh Basil Leaf, Salt and Naturally Derived Citric Acid), Tomatoes
(Vine-ripened Fresh Tomatoes, Salt, Calcium Chloride and Naturally Derived Citric Acid), Berkshire Pork, Grass Fed Beef, Whole Milk (Whole Milk, Vitamin D3), White Wine
(Contains sulfites), Carrots, Celery, Onion, Butter (Pasteurized Cream, Salt), Basil, Olive Oil, Garlic, Nutmeg, Salt, Black Pepper)
- Sugo Betti – Sugo Betti (Tomato Sauce (Vine-ripened Fresh Tomatoes, Salt, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Red Pepper and Naturally Derived Citric Acid), Ground Tomatoes (Vine-ripened Fresh Unpeeled Tomatoes, Salt and Naturally Derived Citric Acid), Onions, Tomato Paste (Vine-ripened Fresh Tomatoes and Naturally Derived Citric Acid), Olive Oil, Spices, Garlic, Salt)
- Alfredo – Alfredo Sauce (Whole Milk (Whole Milk, Vitamin D3), Grana Padano Cheese (Cow’s Milk, Sea Salt, Cow’s Rennet, Egg Lysozyme), Modified Food Starch, Water, Garlic, Kosher Salt, Fresh Lemon Zest)
Produced in a facility that handles nuts, gluten, dairy
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove from package and store in the refrigerator or freezer
- May be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 4 weeks.
- Place 2 tablespoons water into a saucepan
- Empty frozen or thawed sauce into the pan
- On low heat, let sauce gradually thaw or heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once sauce has thawed completely, increase heat to medium and stir until sauce has come to a boil.
- Remove from heat or keep extra-low until pasta is ready to add
- Boil 1 gallon of water per pound of pasta.
- Add 3 tablespoons salt to boiling water
- Add pasta to boiling water and stir to prevent clumping
- Cook 1-3 min or until pasta floats
- Reserve 1 cup pasta water
- Add cooked pasta to the simmering sauce along with 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water and reduce 1-2min, (optional, add grated parmesan cheese, butter, or olive oil at this point)stirring vigorously to create an even consistency
- Serve and enjoy!
- Broders’ Cucina Italiana ships Tuesday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.