This kit comes with two of Broders’ top-sellers: Fettuccine Bolognese and Lasagna Pesto Genovese, made with housemade egg pasta layered with housemade basil pesto, asparagus, pine nuts, fresh basil, and Pecorino Romano.
Back in 1981, Molly and Thomas Broder took an inspirational trip to the culinary capital of Bologna, Italy, and they returned to the States with a goal of bringing authentic Italian food and fresh-made pasta to Minneapolis. The following year, they opened Broders’ Cucina Italiana, and since then (along with additional restaurants, including a nearby “pasta bar”) it’s become a cornerstone of the community, and one of the very best Italian restaurants and markets in America.
This package serves 8 people and includes:
- 2 lbs. of Fettuccine
- 2 Pts. of Bolognese Sauce
- 1 “Lasagna Pesto Genovese” Basil Pesto Lasagna (4″ × 11″)
- 1 Pt. Alfredo Cream Sauce
- Lasagna weighs 3 lbs. 8 oz.
Parmesan, Basil, & Pine Nut Toppings Not Included
- Fettuccine – Egg Pasta (Egg, Durum Wheat Flour, Water)
- Bolognese – Bolognese (Whole Tomatoes (Vine Ripened Fresh Plum Tomatoes, Tomato Juice, Fresh Basil Leaf, Salt and Naturally Derived Citric Acid), Tomatoes (Vine-ripened Fresh Tomatoes, Salt, Calcium Chloride and Naturally Derived Citric Acid), Berkshire Pork, Grass Fed Beef, Whole Milk (Whole Milk, Vitamin D3), White Wine (Contains Sulÿtes), Carrots, Celery, Onion, Butter (Pasteurized Cream, Salt), Basil, Olive Oil, Garlic, Nutmeg, Salt, Black Pepper)
- Lasagna Pesto Genovese – Egg Pasta (Egg, Durum Wheat Flour, Water), Shredded Mozzarella, Pecorino Romano, Asparagus, Basil, Pinenuts, Bechamel (Milk, Butter, Ap Wheat Flour, White Pepper, Nutmeg, Salt), Basil Pesto (Basil, Olive Oil, Pinenuts, Salt, Garlic, Grana Padano), Breadcrumb (High Gluten Wheat Flour, Yeast, Salt, Green Onion, Parsley, Garlic, Olive Oil, Canola Oil)
- Alfredo – Alfredo Sauce (Whole Milk (Whole Milk, Vitamin D3), Grana Padano Cheese (Cow’s Milk, Sea Salt, Cow’s Rennet, Egg Lysozyme), Modified Food Starch, Water, Garlic, Kosher Salt, Fresh Lemon Zest)
Produced in a facility that handles nuts, gluten, dairy
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove from package and store in the refrigerator or freezer
- May be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 4 weeks.
- Place 2 tablespoons water into a saucepan
- Empty frozen or thawed sauce into the pan
- On low heat, let sauce gradually thaw or heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once sauce has thawed completely, increase heat to medium and stir until sauce has come to a boil.
- Remove from heat or keep extra-low until pasta is ready to add
- Boil 1 gallon of water per pound of pasta.
- Add 3 tablespoons salt to boiling water
- Add pasta to boiling water and stir to prevent clumping
- Cook 1-3 min or until pasta floats
- Reserve 1 cup pasta water
- Add cooked pasta to the simmering sauce along with 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water and reduce 1-2min, (optional, add grated parmesan cheese, butter, or olive oil at this point)stirring vigorously to create an even consistency
- Serve and enjoy!
- If frozen, allow to thaw in the fridge overnight
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Place pan directly on oven rack and cook for 30min
- Remove lid and cook additional 20 min or until top is golden brown and internal temp reaches 165F.
- Cut and serve with warmed sauce.
- Broders’ Cucina Italiana ships Tuesday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.