Brenda’s most popular dish by far! Order these and find out what all the hype’s about. There’s a reason folks are willing to fly all way to the Bay Area for this version of the Low Country favorite! Plump shrimp are lightly sautéed with garlic, bacon, and scallions then simmered in a spicy tomato and bacon gravy. Shrimp are served over a big bowl of cheddar-y cheese grits.
Raised in Harvey, Louisiana, just across the Mississippi River from New Orleans, Brenda Buenviaje brought her unique brand of “French Soul Food” to San Francisco in 2007, where it was an immediate hit. Crowds flock to Brenda’s French Soul Food, lining up for hours to get a taste of her soul-satisfying Creole comfort food.
This package serves 2 people and includes:
- Prepared Grits (24 oz.)
- 2 servings Shrimp in Tomato Bacon Gravy
- Grated Cheddar Cheese (8 oz.)
- Choose to add 6 Ready-to-Bake Cream Biscuits + an 8 oz. Spread
Grits – Yellow Grits, Milk, Water
Shrimp – Shrimp, Bacon, Tomato, Brown Sugar, Hot Sauce, Garlic, Scallion, White Wine, Salt, Pepper, Cayenne, Butter
Biscuits – Flour, Salt, Baking Powder, Sugar, Butter, Cream
Peach Jam – Peaches, Sugar, Salt, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Cornstarch
Strawberry Jam – Strawberries, Sugar, Salt, Cinnamon, Cornstarch
Instructions / Storage
- Shrimp & Grits ship frozen with ice packs
- Ice packs may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival freeze or refrigerate
- May be stored in the fridge for 4 days or frozen for 2 weeks
- Preheat oven to 400
- Pour prepared grits into a medium saucepan
- Heat slowly over a medium/low flame whisking constantly until grits are smooth and hot
- Divide grits into large shallow oven-proof bowls
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the grits
- Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted
- While grits are baking
- Pour shrimp and gravy into another medium saucepan and heat over a medium/low flame just until sauce is hot and shrimp are cooked through
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVERCOOK SHRIMP
- Carefully remove hot bowls from the oven and evenly divide shrimp into the center of each bowl
- Evenly divide tomato gravy and pour over shrimp
- Garnish with (optional) sliced fresh scallion. Bon Appetit!
- Brenda’s French Soul Food ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.