Brenda’s most popular dish by far! Order these and find out what all the hype’s about. There’s a reason folks are willing to fly all way to the Bay Area for this version of the Low Country favorite! Plump shrimp are lightly sautéed with garlic, bacon and scallions then simmered in a spicy tomato & bacon gravy. Shrimp are served over a big bowl of cheddar-y cheese grits.
This package serves 2 people and includes:
- Prepared Grits (24 oz.)
- 2 servings Shrimp in Tomato Bacon Gravy
- Grated Cheddar Cheese (8 oz.)
- Choose to add 6 Ready-to-Bake Cream Biscuits + an 8 oz. Spread
Grits – Yellow Grits, Milk, Water
Shrimp – Shrimp, Bacon, Tomato, Brown Sugar, Hot Sauce, Garlic, Scallion, White Wine, Salt, Pepper, Cayenne, Butter
Biscuits – Flour, Salt, Baking Powder, Sugar, Butter, Cream
Peach Jam – Peaches, Sugar, Salt, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Cornstarch
Strawberry Jam – Strawberries, Sugar, Salt, Cinnamon, Cornstarch
Instructions / Storage
- Shrimp & Grits ship frozen with ice packs
- Ice packs may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival freeze or refrigerate
- May be stored in the fridge for 4 days or frozen for 2 weeks
- Preheat oven to 400
- Pour prepared grits into a medium saucepan
- Heat slowly over a medium/low flame whisking constantly until grits are smooth and hot
- Divide grits into large shallow oven-proof bowls
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the grits
- Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted
- While grits are baking
- Pour shrimp and gravy into another medium saucepan and heat over a medium/low flame just until sauce is hot and shrimp are cooked through
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVERCOOK SHRIMP
- Carefully remove hot bowls from the oven and evenly divide shrimp into the center of each bowl
- Evenly divide tomato gravy and pour over shrimp
- Garnish with (optional) sliced fresh scallion. Bon Appetit!
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Brenda’s French Soul Food ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.