Brenda’s takes the classic New Orleans fried doughnut and stuffs it full of Granny Smith apples, spices, honey and butter. Fresh from the fryer, it tastes like the best fried apple pie in the world! It comes with plenty of powdered sugar mix and a complimentary sugar sifter to cover the hot doughnuts with.
Please Note: Beignets are uncooked and require frying
This package serves 4-8 people and includes:
- 12 Ready-to-Fry Beignets
- Powdered Sugar Mix
- Complimentary Sugar Sifter
- Beignets are uncooked and require frying
- After frying, each beignet is approximately 4″ × 4″
- Choose to add 6 additional Beignets
Granny Smith Apple Beignets – Yeast, Granulated Sugar, Salt, Eggs, Milk, Flour, Crisco, Apples, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ginger, Brown Sugar, Lemon Juice
Instructions / Storage
- Beignets ship frozen with ice packs
- Ice Packs may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove from box and store in the fridge until ready to fry
- If not frying immediately store in the freezer for 3 weeks
- Defrosted beignets are good in the fridge for 1 day
- If frozen, thaw beignets in the fridge before preparing
- Allow Beignets to thaw in the fridge
- Remove thawed beignets from refrigerator and packaging and place on a parchment paper-lined sheet pan
- Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat oil to 325 in a countertop deep fryer or dutch oven on the stove
- Oil should be at least 4" deep
- Fry a few beignets at a time making sure not to crowd them
- Fry for 4 minutes then flip them over and continue frying for another 4 minutes
- Remove from the fryer to a draining rack and liberally dust doughnuts with plenty of powdered sugar mix with the included sifter
- Best enjoyed hot!
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Brenda’s French Soul Food ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.