Hundreds and thousands of bakeries vyed for the title but Bourke Street Bakery prevailed taking home the title of AUSTRALIA’S BEST SAUSAGE ROLL. Shaped like a sausage but actually made from ground meat wrapped in a puff pastry – it takes two days to make this delectable flaky, award-winning pastry.
Paul Allam and David McGuinness dreamed to make food they loved by hand from scratch and Bourke Street Bakery was born. Founded in Sydney, Australia, in 2004, Bourke Street Bakery has since expanded to New York. The team takes their time, always honoring good produce, strong flavors, and artisanal baking traditions, to create house-baked sourdough, sausage rolls, and beef pies made with mostly local ingredients, including grains from Maine that are milled on-site. Eater NY has called Bourke Street the “Australian High Temple of Sourdough."
This package serves 6 people and includes your choice of 6 Sausage Rolls
- Each Sausage Roll is approximately ½ lb. and measures 6″ × 1.5″
- Sausage Rolls arrive unbaked
Sausage Roll Options Include
- Pork & Fennel – Bursting with flavor this pork & fennel sausage roll is imitated by many but none rise up to the golden perfection of Bourke Street’s original.
- Lamb, Almond, & Harissa – The ground Aussie lamb encased by a golden, buttery flaky pastry is packed with flavor and spice and is famous for turning vegetarians back onto meat. A perfectly balanced combination of flavor, texture and taste
- Chickpea, Eggplant, Fetta, & Mint – This is one for the plant lovers who still need a sausage roll fix. Another wonderful flavor punching combination that will make it hard to stop at one
- Turkey – Thanksgiving in one bite!
- Pork & Fennel – ground pork, extra virgin olive oil, onion, carrot, celery, fennel seeds, garlic, thyme, salt, white pepper, bread crumbs, milk. Pastry – Flour, Salt, Butter, Vinegar
- Lamb, Almond, & Harissa – ground Australian lamb, harissa (red capsicum, onions, garliccrished chili, corriander seeds, smoked paprika), almonds, cous cous, currants, black pepper, salt. Pastry – Flour, Salt, Butter, Vinegar
- Chickpea, Eggplant, Fetta, & Mint – Chickpea, confit garlic, onions, tahini, extra virgin olive oil, salt, eggplant, white pepper, spinach, lemon juice, cumin seeds, fetta, mint, corriander, oregano. Pastry – Flour, Salt, Butter, Vinegar
- Turkey -
Instructions / Storage
- Sausage Rolls ship unbaked and frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove rolls from box and place in the freezer until ready to bake.
- May be kept frozen for up to 3 months
- Bake from frozen
- Preheat oven to 390 F
- Remove sausage rolls from packaging
- Place sausage rolls on tray in the oven
- Bake for 15 mins and turn tray
- Bake for a further 20-25 minutes
- Bourke Street Bakery ships Wednesday & Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.