The Organic Whole Wheat Sourdough is highlighted by the sweetness of freshly ground coarse wheat flour (milled in house). The crumb is sticky and moist but still has open irregular glossy cells. Its mild sourness complements the natural grassy flavor of whole wheat and the resulting chewy sweet crust. The flour milled in house from the grain creates an additional earthy layer and freshness. Another long fermentation high hydration loaf from the award-winning Bourke Street Bakery.
Founded in 2004 by Paul Allam and David McGuinness, Bourke Street Bakery was born & bred on the other side of the world on a charming, tree-lined street on a now-famous little corner in Sydney, Australia. Over 15 years later, the bakery now has 13 branches in Australia, and Allam moved to New York to open their first location in NYC. This “Australian High Temple of Sourdough" (Eater NY), uses mostly local ingredients, including grains from Maine that are milled on-site. These loaves are so popular, he even posts the exact time they’ll be ready so eager customers can get them fresh from the oven!
This package includes 2 Organic Whole Wheat Sourdough Loaves
- Each loaf serves 12 people and is approximately 1¾ lbs. and measures 10″ × 6.5″ × 4.5″
- Arrives Unsliced
Milled wholewheat berry, wholewheat flour, white wheat flour, salt, natural levain
Instructions / Storage
- Sourdough arrives ready to enjoy
- Wrap in wax wrap or cling wrap for optimum freshness, no need to refrigerate
- May be kept at room temperature for 3-4 days, or well wrapped and frozen for up to a month
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Bourke Street Bakery ships Wednesday & Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.