The Organic Whole Wheat Sourdough is highlighted by the sweetness of freshly ground coarse wheat flour (milled in house). The crumb is sticky and moist but still has open irregular glossy cells. Its mild sourness complements the natural grassy flavor of whole wheat and the resulting chewy sweet crust. The flour milled in house from the grain creates an additional earthy layer and freshness. Another long fermentation high hydration loaf from the award-winning Bourke Street Bakery.
Founded in 2004 by Paul Allam and David McGuinness, Bourke Street Bakery was born and bred in Sydney, Australia, and now has a location in New York. The duo had a big dream to make food they loved by hand from scratch — taking their time, always honoring good produce, strong flavors and artisanal baking traditions. This “Australian High Temple of Sourdough" (according to Eater NY) has been embraced by New Yorkers who scramble for a taste of house-baked sourdough, sausage rolls, and beef pies made with mostly local ingredients, including grains from Maine that are milled on-site.
This package includes 2 Organic Whole Wheat Sourdough Loaves
- Each loaf serves 12 people and is approximately 1¾ lbs. and measures 10″ × 6.5″ × 4.5″
- Arrives Unsliced
Milled wholewheat berry, wholewheat flour, white wheat flour, salt, natural levain
Instructions / Storage
- Sourdough arrives ready to enjoy
- Wrap in wax wrap or cling wrap for optimum freshness, no need to refrigerate
- May be kept at room temperature for 3-4 days, or well wrapped and frozen for up to a month
- Bourke Street Bakery ships Monday through Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.