Bourke Street Bakery ships its legendary sourdough bread nationwide on Goldbelly! Bourke Street Bakery’s signature white sourdough is their simplest loaf, yet one of the most complex in detail to produce. The long bake time is essential to coax every bit of caramelization out of the crust and produce many levels of crisp, bubbly, and chewy layers in the tasting experience. The crumb is creamy, irregular, open, and a true fragrant expression of the character of the natural leaven and long fermentation time (41-48 hours). It has a balanced acid profile but gains a significant aging acid aroma and flavor.
Founded in 2004 by Paul Allam and David McGuinness, Bourke Street Bakery was born and bred in Sydney, Australia, and now has a location in New York. The duo had a big dream to make food they loved by hand from scratch — taking their time, always honoring good produce, strong flavors and artisanal baking traditions. This “Australian High Temple of Sourdough" (according to Eater NY) has been embraced by New Yorkers who scramble for a taste of house-baked sourdough, sausage rolls, and beef pies made with mostly local ingredients, including grains from Maine that are milled on-site.
This package includes 2 Organic White Wheat Sourdough Loaf
- Each loaf serves 12 people and is approximately 1¾ lbs. and measures 10″ × 6.5″ × 4.5″
- Arrived Unsliced
Organic White Flour, Salt, Malt, Natural Levain
Instructions / Storage
- Sourdough arrives ready to enjoy
- Wrap in wax wrap or cling wrap for optimum freshness, no need to refrigerate
- May be kept at room temperature for 3-4 days, or well wrapped and frozen for up to a month
- Bourke Street Bakery ships Monday through Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.