Organic Turmeric & Black Pepper Sourdough - 2 Loaves
A new addition to the Bourke Street Bread Collection, Tumeric is front and center of this loaf without being bitter. The beautiful color and aroma of turmeric with the addition of black pepper provides health benefits, due to the compounds curcumin and piperine. As piperine enhances curcumin absorption in the body by up to 2000%, combining the spices magnifies their effects. It is believed they reduce inflammation and improve digestion – either way it’s a delicious loaf! The buttery-ness of durum wheat really rounds out the flavor and chewy texture to the finish.
Founded in 2004 by Paul Allam and David McGuinness, Bourke Street Bakery was born & bred on the other side of the world on a charming, tree-lined street on a now-famous little corner in Sydney, Australia. Over 15 years later, the bakery now has 13 branches in Australia, and Allam moved to New York to open their first location in NYC. This “Australian High Temple of Sourdough" (Eater NY), uses mostly local ingredients, including grains from Maine that are milled on-site. These loaves are so popular, he even posts the exact time they’ll be ready so eager customers can get them fresh from the oven!
This package includes 2 Organic Turmeric & Black Pepper Sourdough Loaves
- Each loaf serves 12 people and is approximately 1¾ lbs. and measures 10″ × 6.5″ × 4.5″
- Arrives Unsliced
Organic white flour, salt, malt, natural levain, durum, turmeric, black pepper.
Instructions / Storage
- Sourdough arrives ready to enjoy
- Wrap in wax wrap or cling wrap for optimum freshness, no need to refrigerate
- May be kept at room temperature for 3-4 days, or well wrapped and frozen for up to a month
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Bourke Street Bakery ships Wednesday & Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.