Bourke Street Bakery ships its legendary sourdough bread nationwide on Goldbelly! Bourke Street Bakery’s loaves are so popular, the bakery team posts the exact time they’ll be ready so eager customers can get them fresh from the oven!
Founded in 2004 by Paul Allam and David McGuinness, Bourke Street Bakery was born and bred in Sydney, Australia, and now has a location in New York. The duo had a big dream to make food they loved by hand from scratch — taking their time, always honoring good produce, strong flavors and artisanal baking traditions. This “Australian High Temple of Sourdough" (according to Eater NY) has been embraced by New Yorkers who scramble for a taste of house-baked sourdough, sausage rolls, and beef pies made with mostly local ingredients, including grains from Maine that are milled on-site.
This package includes your choice of 2 Organic Sourdough Loaves
- Each loaf serves 12 people and is approximately 1¾ lbs.
- Arrives Unsliced
Organic Sourdough Options Include
- White Wheat Sourdough – “Bourke Street Bakery’s signature white sourdough is our simplest loaf, yet one of the most complex in detail to produce. The crumb is creamy, irregular, open and a true fragrant expression of the character of the natural leaven and long fermentation time (Measures 10” x 6.5″ × 4.5″)
- Seedy Sourdough – Like an elevated Multigrain featuring a nutritious blend of flavorful seeds in the interior loaf with a little kick from some cracked rye sourdough culture. The crust is completely coated with sesame seeds. The result is a very dark roasted sesame flavor, which is cut by the interior seeds being unroasted with an almost green fresh flavor to balance (Measures 8″ × 7″ × 4″)
- Whole Wheat Sourdough – Whole meal sourdough is highlighted by the sweetness of freshly ground coarse wheat flour The crumb is sticky and moist, but still has open irregular glossy cells. Its mild sourness compliments the natural grassy flavor of whole wheat and the resulting chewy sweet crust (Measures 10″ × 6.5″ × 4.5″)
White Wheat Sourdough – Organic White Flour, Salt, Malt, Natural Levain
Seedy Sourdough – Organic White Flour, Salt, Malt, Natural Levain, Pepita, Poppy Seeds, Sesame Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Rye Levain
Whole Wheat Sourdough – Milled Wholewheat Berry, Wholewheat Flour, White Wheat Flour, Salt, Natural Levain
Turmeric & Black Pepper Sourdough – Organic White Flour, Salt, Malt, Natural Levain, Durum, Turmeric, Black Pepper
Dried Plum & Currant Sourdough – Organic White Flour, Salt, Malt, Natural Levain, Rye Levain, Currants, Dried Plums
Instructions / Storage
- Sourdough arrives ready to enjoy
- Wrap in wax wrap or cling wrap for optimum freshness, no need to refrigerate
- May be kept at room temperature for 3-4 days, or well wrapped and frozen for up to a month
- Bourke Street Bakery ships Monday through Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.